• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Happened to the Gerudo Tribe?

Until now, I assumed that the Gerudo Tribe had been completely wiped out prior to the events of TP. But the official timeline has shown that not to be the case. So what exactly happened to them? And why weren't they in TP?

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
in OoT it says that Gerudo women go to the other villages to look for boyfriends so i assumed the tribe became part of the other villages in Hyrule

Well, it's possible that the Gerudo tribe could have migrated away from the Gerudo Desert in TP to the Desert of Doubt. After all, the FSA shows the Gerudo living in huts and tents rather than a fortress.

OoT/MM: The Gerudo lives in Gerudo's Fortress.
TP: The Gerudo Desert exits, however without any Gerudos.
FSA: The Gerudo lives in the Desert of Doubt, but there is no record of Gerudo Desert.

So, by assuming that there is only one Gerudo tribe in Hyrule (for there is one in Termina) and that the Desert of Dobt is not Gerudo Desert, then the most plausible conclusion is that the Gerudo moved to the Desert of Doubt some time before TP.
This might have a connection to the fact that Ganondorf, their leader. was put on trial and about to be executed by the Hylian government. (Interestingly, FSA Ganondorf was only given the title of "guardian" whereas OoT Ganonodorf was the king.)

/Blue Window

Patch

Party Pooper
I was wondering the same thing. I'd really like to see them in future games - I like their spunk. ;)

F

flyingseal

They could have been the twili.
The only clearly male member of twili is Zant
To add the essence of dark magic that they speak of
Their lust for power may have help them be sealed away
and the mirror of Twilight's location in the desert, not to mention the gerudo symbol

on Zants Clothing

To flyingseal

It is of course possible that the dark tribe that was sealed by the Light Spirits belonged to the Gerudo tribe. We can easily dismiss the idea that the Gerudo of OoT became the Twili, since the Interloper War happened long beofore OoT (both according to the official timeline and according to in-game evidence since the Interlopers need to have been sealed before the Temple of Time seal was erected).

Now, are the Twili descended from the Gerudo? It is possible, but it seems quite unlikely to me since the primary attribute of the Interlopers were that they possessed powerful magic: The Gerudo that appears later do not share that quality.

/Blue Window

Last edited:
S

ShadowZone1996

Well since there are almost no males it makes sence that there would be few if some at all.

U

UnregisteredBun

They appear in MM as a pirates, so they moved near the sea. In TP there is no sea, so no Gerudos.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Well they would have moved to the desert of doubt, or, the Gerudo desert is bigger than the area we see in TP and the actual tribe are still there and the desert is renamed the Desert of doubt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom