• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Game Made You Quit a Franchise?

Jonny

When in doubt, mumble.
Metal Gear Solid 4

The length of the cut scenes really just ended it for me. I found it frustrated to be repeatedly stuck in a cut scene an hour and a half when I just wanted to try and squeeze in 30min of play while waiting for my flatmate to get ready to go out. Also the ratio or cut scene to game play was past the point I could forgive it.

I have also left the Final Fantasy franchise, but that was a succession of games after FFX rather than just one.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
The only one I can think of is the Harry Potter video game adaptations. The one for Chamber of Secrets was very, very good. But each one got progressively worse until it was just a joke. By Order of the Phoenix, the video game adaptations were so bad they were unplayable. So I just stopped. You can just tell they were badly rushed and very little effort was put into the games, unlike the earlier games which were much better done, Chamber of Secrets still being the one I think was done the best. (note that this has nothing to do with the books or movies, just the games)

Final Fantasy XIII. What made me stop was the fact that if the party leader dies, then it's game over even if you have active party members.

NintendoCN

Team Captain
Okay those would be Sonic '06, FF 13, Kingdom Hearts: CoM, Mario party 9, Super Paper Mario, Donkey Kong country Returns, and (Flame shield activated.) Metroid

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Okay those would be Sonic '06, FF 13, Kingdom Hearts: CoM, Mario party 9, Super Paper Mario, Donkey Kong country Returns, and (Flame shield activated.) Metroid

What the original Metroid or one of the others? I can understand some of them but Metroid is a good game up till Metroid Other M. That game should just burn in the Icy hell of Cania.

NintendoCN

Team Captain
What the original Metroid or one of the others? I can understand some of them but Metroid is a good game up till Metroid Other M. That game should just burn in the Icy hell of Cania.

The original I just can't get into it I prefer RPGs anyway.

The original I just can't get into it I prefer RPGs anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom