• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What do you want to see in BotW NX (that is not in the WiiU version of the game)

To be completely honest, I want the NX version to poo all over the WiiU version. I want the NX to be amazing hardware wise and I want BotW to look much better and run much smoother than the WiiU version. Both versions need to push their respective systems to the limit and I don't want the NX version of the game to suffer because Nintendo doesn't want to hurt WiiU owners' feelings.

The company made a mistake with the WiiU and they can't afford another mistake. BotW needs to be a huge flagship for NX not a consolation life raft for the WiiU. Sometimes you make a bad product and people buy it only to be disappointed. Both the company and the consumer suffer but that is how it is.

To be completely honest, I want the NX version to poo all over the WiiU version. I want the NX to be amazing hardware wise and I want BotW to look much better and run much smoother than the WiiU version. Both versions need to push their respective systems to the limit and I don't want the NX version of the game to suffer because Nintendo doesn't want to hurt WiiU owners' feelings.

The company made a mistake with the WiiU and they can't afford another mistake. BotW needs to be a huge flagship for NX not a consolation life raft for the WiiU. Sometimes you make a bad product and people buy it only to be disappointed. Both the company and the consumer suffer but that is how it is.

Exactly my thoughts.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
I want better improved more detailed realistic graphics like the Link render from the Fall 2015 for the NX version! But the game is still same, gameplay wise like Aonuma said. And the game would be mirrored like the Wii Version of TP!

I want better improved more detailed realistic graphics like the Link render from the Fall 2015 for the NX version! But the game is still same, gameplay wise like Aonuma said. And the game would be mirrored like the Wii Version of TP!

I hated mirrored TP for the Wii because EVERYONE ONLY REFERRED TO THE GAMECUBE'S MAP.

It was the one thing from the port I hated.

VitaTempusN92

I hated mirrored TP for the Wii because EVERYONE ONLY REFERRED TO THE GAMECUBE'S MAP.

It was the one thing from the port I hated.

Maybe the NX version can have Hero mode that is mirrored? Or maybe only Link is mirrored this time? I really want to see that version of Link from that Fall 2015 render in some gameplay action.

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
Aside from the obviously better graphics and technical prowess the NX version will have like less slow down, faster loading etc I dont want to see anything more in the NX version that isn't in the wiiU version.

It's still a shame now that when BotW wiiU releases most reviews will speak of aboddy frame rate, slow down, long loading times and muddy graphics when compared to the NX version.

It bugs me that a game that started life as a wiiU game will be the inferior version. It also bugs me that the WiiU will be the only Nintendo console not to have its own Zelda.

So, wiiU owners are already being Shafted, I dont want the NX to feature additional content too, bad enough that its gonna be technically superior

People need to stop saying this, pretty much every Zelda game has been ported in some way to another Nintendo console, N64 theoretically doesn't have it's own Zelda too because OOT and MM have been ported to each Nintendo system after the N64 (heck OOT got ported to the GameCube two different times)

VitaTempusN92

People need to stop saying this, pretty much every Zelda game has been ported in some way to another Nintendo console, N64 theoretically doesn't have it's own Zelda too because OOT and MM have been ported to each Nintendo system after the N64 (heck OOT got ported to the GameCube two different times)

But since they originated from the N64 era, they're still technically N64 games (at least the original versions anyways). Just like how TP will always be a gamecube game since it originated from the Gamecube era, enough it was released on Wii before Gamecube. Which is the only reason why after that, it was documented that TP was a Wii game, even though it was actually a Gamecube game.

And this should also apply to BotW, since it's supposed to be Wii U game.

But since they originated from the N64 era, they're still technically N64 games (at least the original versions anyways). Just like how TP will always be a gamecube game since it originated from the Gamecube era, enough it was released on Wii before Gamecube. Which is the only reason why after that, it was documented that TP was a Wii game, even though it was actually a Gamecube game.

And this should also apply to BotW, since it's supposed to be Wii U game.
A GC game with a Wii port.
A WiiU game with a NX port.

Zonda

Meme Connoisseur
I think the Wii-U version should be able to handle 1080/60 just fine. Maybe a higher particle and polygon count, larger render distance and potentially a slight increase in NPC numbers during group encounters? I'd want it to be a similar deal to the OG release of Twilight Princess content-wise.

Wouldn't surprise me if the NX version had something that made the Wii-U version pretty much pointless to have though, the Wii-U versions of shared 3DS games have basically been afterthoughts for its entire lifespan. Nintendo care as much about the Wii-U as 343 Industries/Microsoft care about Halo: MCC.

Better frame rate and better textures! More amiibo support. Or less. Depending on your preference.

I think the Wii-U version should be able to handle 1080/60 just fine. Maybe a higher particle and polygon count, larger render distance and potentially a slight increase in NPC numbers during group encounters? I'd want it to be a similar deal to the OG release of Twilight Princess content-wise.

Wouldn't surprise me if the NX version had something that made the Wii-U version pretty much pointless to have though, the Wii-U versions of shared 3DS games have basically been afterthoughts for its entire lifespan. Nintendo care as much about the Wii-U as 343 Industries/Microsoft care about Halo: MCC.
This could be a Wind Waker GC vs WiiU issue here. I don't mean how poor both versions of Wind Waker look (and they both do). I mean things like less loading in large areas (like the ocean) better draw distances, less loading between different areas, more stable frame rates and controls dedicated designed specificially for each version. I think BotW NX will have all that in comparison to BotW WiiU.

But for all we know the main draw of the NX version could simply be playing it portable.

Zonda

Meme Connoisseur
This could be a Wind Waker GC vs WiiU issue here. I don't mean how poor both versions of Wind Waker look (and they both do).
Isn't your main gripe with WW's aesthetics in the overall art style though?A remaster wouldn't really help that anyway.

I mean things like less loading in large areas (like the ocean) better draw distances, less loading between different areas, more stable frame rates and controls dedicated designed specificially for each version. I think BotW NX will have all that in comparison to BotW WiiU.

But for all we know the main draw of the NX version could simply be playing it portable.
Yeah I can see it doing those small things. If it had something considerably significant over the Wii-U version (i.e: Hyrule Warriors 3DS vs. Wii-U), they may as well come out and say they never planned to cater for Wii-U users in the first place.

Isn't your main gripe with WW's aesthetics in the overall art style though?A remaster wouldn't really help that anyway.
Yes but in my opinion WWGC looks better than WWHD. WWHD is much too bright and oversaturated. If I had to play one of the two I'll always choose the GC version. I have played the HD version once through just to say I've done it but from now on it's always the GC version for me.

Yeah I can see it doing those small things. If it had something considerably significant over the Wii-U version (i.e: Hyrule Warriors 3DS vs. Wii-U), they may as well come out and say they never planned to cater for Wii-U users in the first place.
That might just happen. It'd annoy a few WiiU fans but I think overall the 3DS crowd buying the NX will just drown them out.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I would like to see the NX version not sell like at all because everyone got the WiiU version because BOTW is why we got the WiiU in the first place **** you nintendo
You know that isn't going to happen.

The Wii U version of BotW is not going to sell well at all because of the NX. Especially if NX has a strong launch lineup, the Wii U version of BotW will be forgotten much like how the GC version of TP was forgotten.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom