• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What do you want from Princess Zelda in Zelda Switch?

Really? What does Zelda have to offer other than being the damsel in distress that Link always has to save? That's basically her entire arc.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Really? What does Zelda have to offer other than being the damsel in distress that Link always has to save? That's basically her entire arc.
Have you played, like, any of the games at all? Because that’s completely wrong. In OoT she disguised herself as Sheik and guided you many times. In ST she helps you fight and solve puzzles. In SS she’s responsible for every bit of progress Link makes. She’s never just a damsel in distress. Unless your definition of “damsel in distress” is as narrow as “gets saved once”.

Have you played, like, any of the games at all? Because that’s completely wrong. In OoT she disguised herself as Sheik and guided you many times. In ST she helps you fight and solve puzzles. In SS she’s responsible for every bit of progress Link makes. She’s never just a damsel in distress. Unless your definition of “damsel in distress” is as narrow as “gets saved once”.

Oh yeah, forgot about those games. I was thinking of the TP Zelda where she is almost completely irrelevant until the very end of the game.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I don't care too much as long as we have some in-depth characters. Though I guess I would like Zelda to be likable, which is my main problem with her in BOTW.

To be fair, in SS she did this by pretending to be a Damsel in Distress.

I'd definitely like to have her be a companion on the journey like she was in ST. Although part me would like her to be a fully playable companion in the game, sort of like the duo in Ico, I'm not sure the devs would have an easy time pulling this off without it being overly cumbersome. She would need some seriously good AI and the whole game would have to be based around companion mechanics. Maybe an easier way to go would be to temporarily have her join in during certain more structured parts of gameplay, such as the leadup to dungeons, or even in dungeons themselves.

Or she could be something of a spirit companion again. If this was the case she could be the source of Links rune-like abilities this time, perhaps starting with several magic powers, one for each of the three Goddesses and maybe even a fourth one as the descendant of Hylia (possibly being able to acquire more powers through the course of the game). This way Link would be the fighter, and Zelda would essentially be the puzzle solver.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom