• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler What Do You Think This Will Lead To?

[video=youtube;hcs0b2KBudA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcs0b2KBudA[/video]

I've watched this video a few times and it does look like Nintendo is going for a Link/Zelda romance. What are your thoughts? Good? Not good? How will it progress, if at all?

I was actually really against it, but now when I think abut it, it's a good plot desidion that I'll lead to some Sirius charector development, if done right. It not, it would be stupid and cheesiest thing ever dome in a Zelda game

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Not good, in my eyes. By singling out any one specific love interest (or *possible* love interest), all other characters are rendered obsolete and are destined to a lack of development. And with Zelda's predefined role as a damsel in distress, the story appears to be very linear at this moment. I don't know anything for certainty, but it doesn't seem like LinkxZelda romance will be as good in Skyward Sword as it is in other games such as MM or ST.

*sigh* I thought it was really clever thing to do. I thought this would make Link more desperate and more determined by saving someone you know and not a girl you just met for a minute or two.

I think it will provide some nice motivation. As long as the very end is not sickeningly happy and lovey dovey this should add a nice layer to things. I don't think it'd necessarily cut out all other character significance. Just romantic significance. There are other ways to develop a relationship/character than romance.

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
I am all for it! I have always been mad when all link does is run away from his girlfriend (Like Saria). Its not that I like romantic things in games it's just that this could bring some variety into the story. When I look at it the love story it reminds me of in TP but it looks like in this game they are still just friends but want to be more than friends. I know it sounds like I am wording of from Hannah Montana (Not that I watch that show ;) ) I am hoping that we do see a kiss at the end....... but that does not mean I want too much of the love story. If their is too much romance we will have no room for bosses, zombies and tons of battles.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I was against it before I saw it in motion, but a Link x Zelda relationship might be nice, they look awesome together from what we've seen...

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
It will be great for me so long as I get to bond with Zelda at the beginning, and by the time she is kidnapped I actually know her well enough to care. Ilia in TP is an example of someone who Nintendo did not give me enough time to bond with so I did not care that she was kidnapped (I sound so heartless here). I think it could progress to the stage they will actually kiss however at the end I'm sure they must be parted somehow. This link will not be the forefather of the royal family in OOT I'm sure.

*sigh* I thought it was really clever thing to do. I thought this would make Link more desperate and more determined by saving someone you know and not a girl you just met for a minute or two.

The game I can match this closest to is Twilight Princess. I didn't like the relationship between Link and Zelda in that one. I thought it was good in Spirit Tracks, when you don't know her at all in the beginning, and by the end they're good friends, but I like this a lot more. Link already knows her pretty well, and with a possible "love" interest going on, it'll give Link motivation to go and save her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom