• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Do You Think of the Simulator Genre

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
I've played Surgeon Simulator 2013, Robot Vacuum Cleaner Simulator 2013, Curtain Simulator, Ampu-Tea, and a bunch of other simulators...I thank PewDiePie,Cryoatic, and Markiplier for these wonderful games...illstickaamputatedrobotarmupapersonsass

thegreenrobby

#1 Producer of Mind Screw
Honestly, I'm a big fan of simulators. I have actually created a thread dedicated to The Universe Project, which is a simulator on the largest possible scale. They are currently in alpha, and could really use some love if they are to make their dream a reality.

Dan, you may not remember me, but I remember you. I'll come back to you, I promise. Remember me - I was the girl named Julia that you met back in Essex! Haha.

As to the thread, simulators are not at all my type of game. They are chock full of vitriol and I simply cannot take that standing.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Not really my type of game tbh. There are some pseudo-simulators, such as The Sims, that I will play, but I find most of them to be extremely boring. I probably spent a good 100 hours during elementary school watching my friend fly planes in Flight Simulator X...

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
It really all depends... but that goes for any genre.
I'm pretty open minded, so I like almost ALL genres. So, what makes a game fun for me, goes WAY deeper than it's genre.
And simulation isn't any exception.

Now, I'm not too fond of First person shooters- but that doesn't mean I don't find any FPS fun. I love Metroid Prime, I like some 007 games, I liked what I played of The Conduit, I like Halo a little bit- but not for the reasons most other people do- (Heck, I'll just tell you right now that the only reason I like Halo was for the editor mode in Halo 3), and I like some others. The reason I have a dislike for First Person Shooters in general, is the fact that most of them are WAR/ARMY based ones, and I really don't like that. I think it's ugly, stupid, and sometimes- I even feel that games like that, (the ones that are just- realistic war fields) don't even deserve to be called a video game. I feel that at the core of video games, there should be some element of fantasy. -like in The Conduit, there are aliens. But I digress... My point is, is that it's not the Genre alone that makes a game fun. There's more to it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom