• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Do You Think of the Forsaken Fortress?

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
What do you think of the Forsaken Fortress? Do you think it looked spooky enough? I mean, it housed Ganondorf, the evil boss from WW. To be honest with you lot, I did think it looked sorta spooky. It had some good monsters all around and the design was okay.

Was it spooky enough for you, though?

I think it could of had used a few more tough monsters at the beginning and make it more challenging, you know, like have all the monsters that appear in WW appear in certain areas.
Don't get me wrong, I liked the Forsaken Fortress as it was, but I am just saying it could of had used some more muscle. XD

I wish I could compare it to other boss chambers from other games, but I lack Zelda knowledge, and so I ask...are there more frightening places in other Zelda Games?

TheSerpent

The Happy Mask Salesman
Yes, it was kind of spookey. Although, if you clear out all the monsters after ganon was defeated, it would actually be pretty comfortable.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I think it is a fortress that appears to have been forsaken. ;)

The only real thought about it I have is this quote, which I think gives you the atmosphere of the place:

"That's the cursed isle known as the Forsaken Fortress. There are all sorts of strange rumors about this place. Long ago, it used to be the hideout of a no-good group of pirates we used to compete with... But they were just small-time. Now, the place looks like it's pretty dangerous."
-- Tetra

It vaguely reminds me of rumors about haunted houses, or ship graveyards.

Other than that, all I can say it's that it's very circular and filled with similar rooms. Easiest place in the game to get lost. I didn't like hiding from the Moblins in barrels, but it wasn't too bad.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
In WW I found the Earth Temple pretty creepy. The Forsaken Fortress wasn't that creepy.
In a sense of other creepy places in other games:

3. Ikana (the whole thing) (MM)
2. Royal Valley & Royal Crypt (MC)
1. Shadow Temple (OoT)

A

aguinn99

i think it was sort of creepy. i did not like it at first because it first you had to sneak aroundo.oand you couldn't attack enemies but when you got your sword back it was fun

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
It wasn't creepy as much as it was anxiety causing. When you have to sneak around you find yourself in a bind and your anxiety rises. Also when the Moblins catch whiff of you you get that quick drum beat that startles you. The Forsaken Fortress was just an agonizing place.

DayDreamer

Wahoo!
I loved the forsaken fortress. Not only can you not be seen,but you must escape the fortress AND rescue your sister. Though with a messed up gamaecube controller that barely ever goes up when you press up it can be challenging -_-

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
The spookiest place, to me, was the bottom of the well in Ocarina of Time. This is largely because I got hit by an enemy, which knocked me back through a false wall (surprising enough), where the camera angle had me face to face against one of those walls with the creepy faces. I was genuinely started and that moment has influenced me.

The forsaken forest I found more disorienting than spooky the first time playing it, though, even though it's got a Halloween vibe. To make it more "haunted", I think i would have added some invisible enemies like in OoT, or made you fight in near darkness like a couple of the caves in WW.

Scythe-of-Chaos

I'm an assassin.... sshhh
i liked it and thought it was 'spooky' the first time through, but when you return after he leaves then its fine, but another scary place for me in wind waker was the savage laberinth, and the ghost temple. but the most scary thing ever for me in zelda is the cave of ordeals, it brings every tough and scary monsters back from the grave for round 2

Xixor

Warrior of the Past
Well, WW, being my favorite game, is in my opinion way too easy. That's just in general.

The Forsaken Fortress had potential. It was good the first time you were there, but I think that when you returned there should have been a whole new addition to explore or something and turn it into a dungeon. The only thing I didn't like about WW was the lack of dungeon crawling.

Anyway, I thought it was pretty spooky, especially since you didn't have a sword the first go thru. Second time.... well it didn't matter much....you had a sword!

But then there were those floormasters.... still creepy....

I wish I could compare it to other boss chambers from other games, but I lack Zelda knowledge, and so I ask...are there more frightening places in other Zelda Games?

You have no idea. The Shadow Temple from OoT and Ikana from MM make the Forsaken Fortress look like a play place at McDonalds.

Forsaken Fortress was okay. Not even really a dungeon, and visiting it multiple time was pretty lame and tedious. I did like the boss though, but that's usually the case when I get to kill something with a hammer that's bigger than my entire body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom