• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Do You Think of Flying the Loftwing?

?

/\<^

Yes,,,ehh,,,da""...

First of all it's awesome to fly. I think it's the best way they have come up with as means of travel.

On one hand the controls responsive and easy to maneuver, but almost too easy to get stuck heading sideways or not the dead on accuracy as it could have been. At first I was standing up trying to get that statue to win at the beginning. I wanted to win so bad.. ( see me dancing waving my arms in a mad manner Go. Go. Go. ) not knowing you can only win. But after a few flights to and fro Skyloft it was easy as cereal.

But on a side note,, it's almost ingenious to make Link ride a giant bird! The religious Triforce symbol has almost always been above what looks like wings... From swords of old... Maybe but now maybe something else the loftwing?? Just maybe C: very nicely done I might say.

blackenedktulu

Fierce Deity
I'm currently trying to do the spiral attack with the loftwing, a necessary part later on in the game, and I just can't do it. I tried like, 4 times and rage-quit. And I never rage-quit :( I know I'll get it done eventually, but it's so damn tedious.

I'm currently trying to do the spiral attack with the loftwing, a necessary part later on in the game, and I just can't do it. I tried like, 4 times and rage-quit. And I never rage-quit :( I know I'll get it done eventually, but it's so damn tedious.
You'll be taught it just before you need it. Until then, you can't use it because Link isn't skilled enough yet.

DinNayruFarore

God of Goddesses
I love flying my Loftwing. It's better than when I see it on video. I always fly up to the sky and dive down. That's how I won the Wing Ceremony in 5:27 minutes from the point I jumped off the port.
Can't wait to get the spiral charge later in the game.

J

Jeff Zero

I absolutely love flying; the controls took some getting used to but after that it's been terrific. I do wish there were more islands to explore, though, but then, I'm one of those fans who kind of rolled their eyes every time the previews for the game mentioned "don't worry, it's not as big as Wind Waker's ocean" since I kind of... loved Wind Waker's ocean. For me, the ideal scenario at this point would be a sky as big as that sea. I'd fly around all day.

But for what it is? Absolutely love it. And I understand why it isn't so big, too -- there's a surface world to explore on top of the sky, after all!

As an aside, that Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft gif in one of the users' signature was totally made by a guy I grew up with, lol. Took me by some serious surprise.

blackenedktulu

Fierce Deity
You'll be taught it just before you need it. Until then, you can't use it because Link isn't skilled enough yet.

Sorry, should have clarified - I was at that stage of the game at the time, I was talking about the test that Owlan sets you. I breezed past it when I tried again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom