• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Do You Think About a Female Link?

Ok ok!! please don't go hating right away and say I'm stupid!! I think it might just be cool to see a reincarnation of link that is a female:):):):):) what do you think ???? answer in the comments below ok please reply and thank you...wait.......maybe a whole gender switch!!!naw maybe thats a little much.....well just comment your opinion (P.S. never mind the gender switch cus who wants to see ganon in a dress.........0.0o_Oo_Oo_O

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
In the Broadcast Satellaview remake of LoZ, you could choose to play as a female Link. It's not without precedent.

Deeds

no text
A gender switch sounds ridiculous, but a playable female Link isn't that far fetched, judging by Curm's post. That was the first Zelda, but it still makes it possible.
Personally, I wouldn't want a Female Link, only because Link as a characer has always been described as male, and percieved by me as male, and that maybe has a chance of changing how I feel about LoZ. I doubt it, but ya never know.

Curmudgeon

A gender switch sounds ridiculous, but a playable female Link isn't that far fetched, judging by Curm's post. That was the first Zelda, but it still makes it possible.
Personally, I wouldn't want a Female Link, only because Link as a characer has always been described as male, and percieved by me as male, and that maybe has a chance of changing how I feel about LoZ. I doubt it, but ya never know.

I don't have any philosophical qualms about playing as a female. I feel the largest hurdles are more technical in nature. Mass Effect allows you to play as a male or female Shepherd, but the difference is largely cosmetic. In order to make playing as a female a meaningful experience, the game would have to be changed, at least in a subtle way, to accommodate.

Deeds

no text
I don't have any philosophical qualms about playing as a female. I feel the largest hurdles are more technical in nature. Mass Effect allows you to play as a male or female Shepherd, but the difference is largely cosmetic. In order to make playing as a female a meaningful experience, the game would have to be changed, at least in a subtle way, to accommodate.

I agree, but wasn't Shepherd always available to be played as a female? The only reason it would be strange is that Link has only been available to play as a female once.

Curmudgeon

I agree, but wasn't Shepherd always available to be played as a female? The only reason it would be strange is that Link has only been available to play as a female once.

Correct. Though because something has never been attempted doesn't strictly mean that it shouldn't be.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Depends on whether Link becomes more of an established character or more open to the players whims. See, this is the problem. He isn't enough of each. He's sort of androgynous, which can help female players relate better (supposedly), but the only customization he gets is his name.

So, if the Big N starts making Link more of his own character, he needs to stay male. If Link is to remain our link to the adventure then giving the option to play a female Link would help with that.

Wow I didn't think this many people would reply on the first day :) thanks for telling me your opinion guys

wait a min no I mean like the whole story built around a female link not a gender option like on pokemon and such

Last edited:

Curmudgeon

Wow I didn't think this many people would reply on the first day :) thanks for telling me your opinion guys

wait a min no I mean like the whole story built around a female link not a gender option like on pokemon and such

An interesting proposition. What, in your opinion, could they do to make it compelling? The would have to be a reason besides 'chicks with swords are BA'

Just to make zelda have a more expanding library maybe I don't know it just came to my mind when I was eating a sandwich (sandwiches always give me ideas XD)

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I think we should have an option to choose the gender of Link. That way if people don't like the idea of a female Link it wouldn't matter because you can choose to be male or female.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I would like to see a female incarnation of Link. I've had a story idea for a long time, one I've worked on a little, staring a female Hero of Time. No one, aside from the people of her village, takes her seriously, so she has even more obstacles to overcome than her male counterpart. Not only does she have to prove herself to those who know she's the hero (the sages, goddesses, or whoever), but she also has to prove herself to everyone. (I guess it's similar to how child Link is treated in OoT.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom