• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Do You Do to Earn Your Allowance or Pocket Money?

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I don't get any and never did get any. But I have a job now and have more disposable (free to spend, not for bills and food etc) income than both of my parents put together :P

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I just obey, do whatever they tell me. Not a bad child and don't get yelled at, so just by listening to what they say and do the chores when told, I earn my $5 a week. Not too fussed about how low it is. I save all the money I have, it all adds up. I don't find myself wanting to buy much, anyway. Been saving almost all of it for the last 6 years, and I got paid for doing a TAFE course 12 months ago. I'm not going to get a job now for what is my final year of high school, so I'll be set until then.

Last edited:

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
Well, since I stay home a lot I just do whatever needs to be done when I see it. If the floor is dirty, I clean it. If the dishes need to be washed, I wash them. If the trash needs to be taken care of, I take care of it. Anything like that. I don't get paid for doing it anymore because I have a job, which is perfectly understandable. Last time I got paid for it was around my early months of 16. As for the amount, my mom paid me my age number every Friday, in that case it would be $16.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I didn't get an allowance back in my younger days except by cleaning the restroom in my house (easy task) and cleaning the living room. Nowadays I still don't get a regular allowance because my parents want me to work for my money, but in the summer i held a decent job to get a little bit of money.

I'm hoping to be able to mow lawns a little bit for easy money; in my neighborhood many people don't have lawnmowers, so it'd be easy to ask them for pay! :D

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
When I was younger, I had to do chores to earn any of my spending money- sure, my parents would buy food and clothes when I needed them, but things like junky snacks and clothes completely of my own choosing were things I had to save up for. Same with video games and systems unless I got them for my birthday or Christmas.

Now, I work and live on my own (with my boyfriend, lol) Every dollar, every thing, I have I earn on my own. It was an easy transition from childhood to adulthood for me because I feel as though I've been working and earning my own way for as long as I can remember.

bunny

birb overlord
Hrm, well when I was really, really little, my mom would give me a dollar each week if I behaved... That didn't last very long, though. xD I don't exactly get an 'allowance', but I do get $20 from my brother every two weeks. It's his chore to take the trash out, but he's paying me to do it for him. He's honestly just getting lazier and lazier... Taking out the trash is not that hard. Anyway, I kind of get an allowance from my parents, too. My dad is the manager at the church we go to, and on Fridays, my whole family comes out to help him clean the entire building. It's a lot of work, so as a reward, my dad will take us out to lunch, and every so often, he'll let me go on a specially planned trip with my friends. It's a great deal. =D

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Up until I was thirteen or so, my parents gave me an allowance of a quarter for every year old I was (such as $3.25 when thirteen). At first, when I was really little, it was every week, but then I wanted a Wizard101 subscription and in exchange for paying for that, I only got allowance once a month.

Now I don't get any allowance at all. It's kind of my fault; I kept forgetting to ask every month, and they certainly didn't have any motivation to remember. All my money comes from babysitting now. I really should get a real job, but I don't have time.

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
My parents say my allowance is to still be able to live in their house.:xd:

When I get pocket money I try to save it so I can get a videogame that I've wanted for a long time, or i'll just spend it all on candy and juice.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I was never one to receive allowance, mainly because my parents either

A.) Never bothered to give me any.

or

B.) Were too greedy to give me any.

The only time I ever earn any money is on holidays, birthdays, and when I go out with friends, my parents give me money, and I have some leftover that I get to keep.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Ha ha, I get not allowance. ;3 I do work for others for it, there is no such thing where my parents give me money. :) But what I do, is babysitting, yard work for others and I used to serve at funerals. I'm planning on getting a job at either a Baskin Robbins, or some place down my block in April so I can save up for college.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Dishes. I do dishes. Occasional chores are emptying the bathroom trashcans, sweeping and dusting. Those are when needed, while the dishes are just about every day. For 5. Dollars. A month. Not a week, like all you lucky chaps. A month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom