• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What do Gorons REALLY eat?

In Ocarina of Time, the Gorons were on the verge of starvation when Ganondorf blocked the way to Dodongo's Cavern. The explanation they gave is that their tastes had become spoiled by the rocks in Dodongo's Cavern. But if there was another reason that even they don't seem to realize?

I propose the argument that Gorons get their nutritional value from rupees, not rocks.

First off, we know that rupees are a crystalized form of Force. In Breath of the Wild, the Great Fairies require rupees, or else they're reduced to cacoon forms. Rupoors take away rupees which wouldn't make sense unless they're negative energy cancelling out the energy of the rupees.

Now, in A Link Between Worlds, we find rupees deep in Death Mountain(inside of other rocks, too), and rupee ore is found in Eldin Volcano in Skyward Sword. Since these two volcanoes are plentiful with rupees, we can reasonably ascertain that this sets a precedence for Ocarina of Time's Death Mountain to also have plenty of rupees. Therefore I propose that the rupees inside of the rocks is what gives them nutrition/energy, and that it's not just a matter of pickiness; they cannot attain nutrition with rupeee-less rocks, and they will starve.

We also know that living creatures such as Rupee-likes can utilize the enrrgy from rupees, so do with that as you will.

there are rupee-filled rocks right outside goron city in oot
and would this be true for oracle of ages too? idk
Yeah, but is it enough to keep them form starving? Dodongo's Cavern goes deep into Death Mountain, after all. Eventually, they're going to run out.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
It would make sense if they are precious stones specifically, considering how they all wanted the spiritual stone of fire. But do they really need dodongo's cavern for that? I mean, all they would have to do is cut some grass and they'd never be hungry again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom