• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Did You Imagine the Moon to be Like?

TattooArtist

I'm the B and my boyfriend is the T in LGBT ❤
The Moon from Majora's Mask is pretty damn terrifying, and eventually you get to visit the moon. I would imagine it to be very dark and rocky, almost like Death Mountain. But instead it's actually quite pretty, a very large tree with some pretty creepy children. But before seeing that, what did you guys think what the moon looked like? x:dealwithit:

I never expected that I would have to go into the moon on my first play through, so I don't know that it occurred to me to think about.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I don't really think you're on the surface of the moon, but rather somewhere inside of it. Or maybe it does look like an actual moon, but what you see is just an illusion created by Majora.

Feverish

Source of stink
I first played through Majora at 10 years old, so I hardly remember, but while I was playing I hadn't thought of needing to go into the moon. When I got to the part where the vortex/tornado thing appears to suck you into the moon, I didn't know what it was going to look like yet I knew it couldn't possibly be some rocky interior of a sphere.

I don't really think you're on the surface of the moon, but rather somewhere inside of it. Or maybe it does look like an actual moon, but what you see is just an illusion created by Majora.
The mayors chair in clock town has a smiley moon on it so i never questioned if the moon was supposed to.have a face. I assumed it just normally smiled.

I didnt play the game until majoras mask 3d so i already knew about the moon.

I never expected that I would have to go into the moon on my first play through, so I don't know that it occurred to me to think about.

Me too. It was a clever plot development. Very unexpected, but since the moon was a constant presence, in hindsight it made total sense. Majora's Mask is awesome like that.

I was stupid and used a walkthrough so the surprise was spoiled.

Same...I also had the Ganon transformation in OoT ruined for me for the same reason. Those two games are the only Zelda games I ever used a guide for and why I do not have them for my growing Legend of Zelda collection. Zelda is about figuring things out and exploring the world, guides have no place in the franchise in my eyes as I learned the hard way they take from the experience that Zelda games are about.

But I got off topic. I was thinking barren and empty, like an actual moon before I had it ruined for me.

It also never occurred to me that we would actually be going to the moon. I certainly imagined stopping it, maybe by blowing it up or something, but not actually going there. As a kid, I'm not sure it actually occurred to me that I WAS on or in the moon when I first saw that grassy area. It wasn't until I played the game again as an adult that I really made the connection. The contrast of the beautiful field is really genius thematic game design, if you ask me.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
I didn't have the slightest clue, I didn't even expect to be headed to the moon in the first place. Weirdly enough, when I did get to the moon, I wasn't really thrown off as Nintendo has set the game up as a surreal acid trip anyway so my expectations were nonexistent.

I didn't exactly have it to have such a damn terrifying face, so it was quite up in the air.
But in reality, I wasn't even expecting to go inside of it, so I didn't have a preconceived notion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom