• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What could the story be?

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
What do you think the new story will be for the DLC during the winter? We didn't get a huge reveal for it at E3, but we do know it has something to do with the Champions.

I'm thinking it will be either one of two things: the Champions will be made playable in a sort of...flashback mode, where we get to play in old Hyrule before Calamity Ganon took over. The other option would be the same thing, but we just play as Link as always.

What do you think?

I really dont know. There are a lot of things it could be.

The DLC clearly focusses on the champions and the sepia tone makes me think its set in a time before they died.
The art only shows the champions and Zelda too, no Link...

We have the champion amiibo too...

So do we play as the Champions? Do we play as Zelda and do the champion amiibo give Zelda the champion powers?

We know there will be a new dungeon so i cant see how it'd work between the four champions, unless you just pick one... but if we play as the champions then what do the amiibo do?

I dont think it'll be set while Link is asleep because the champions are dead at that point, stuck in the Beasts and killed by the blights...

Hmmm... i think it may be set before the resurgence of C.Ganon. Zelda is still trying to awaken her power, perhaps the new dungeon is that weird underground place beneath Hyrule castle.
In that respect i could see us playing as Zelda through that dungeon since she did a lot of exploring on her own. How that'd link to the champions though i dont know.

This story could be bloody anything.

Last edited:

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I think it will be a story that involves how they became Champions in the first place. We know they were selected for their skills, but how did that selection take place? What did they do that earned them their titles? That could be what we'll find out, and considering it's called The Champion's Ballad, that gives me the impression that its about something the four of them have in common. Maybe the new dungeon would be some sort of proving ground where they earned their titles.

Aku

One of three things...

Either we play as Zelda and we get to interact with the Champions (showing more characterisation for all)
or...
We play as each of the Champions, and we get to see their trials through their own eyes.

or...

Since it's called the Champion's Ballad, maybe it's Link finding a fifth dungeon, but where it's him facing his own version of a Blight.

I think it will be more like a story being told to us about each of the Champions as a sequence of quest objectives... with each piece of the story giving us a clue to the location of the next piece of the story.
I also think that we'll need to complete each of the Champions quests (and possibly one for Zelda as well, as she is shown in the teaser alongside the Champions) in order to locate and access the DLC dungeon... with the dungeon itself relating to the Champions in some way... perhaps a training ground for them, or maybe a sort of factory where the Divine Beasts (and possibly Guardians) were constructed... if it is a Sheikah facility that had remained sealed when Ganon attacked (like the shrines) then we could see all sorts of different Guardian designs there... prototypes for more powerful guardians, guardian versions of regular enemies (used for training)... that sort of thing.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
One of three things...

Either we play as Zelda and we get to interact with the Champions (showing more characterisation for all)
or...
We play as each of the Champions, and we get to see their trials through their own eyes.

or...

Since it's called the Champion's Ballad, maybe it's Link finding a fifth dungeon, but where it's him facing his own version of a Blight.

You know what would be interesting? If the next dungeon was a test for Link where he goes up against each of the Champions. And each Champion he wins against, they grant him more of each of their powers. For example, beating Revali could allow Link to use Revali's gale 6 times instead of 3 before having to recharge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom