• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Boss Do You Find the Most Detailed, Yes the Most Disappointing in a Zelda Game?

ZeldaGames1095

Dominic
(Keep in mind this is the first play-through of the game that you did. Its not like I've beat the game so many times I mesmerized it so I think every boss is easy). In the Legend of Zelda World, I find that Nintendo has put a lot of detail into one boss, for instance Darknut from twilight Princess (in the Temple of Time). He was a bit easy if you had the back slash hidden skill. Or even for the Boss of the Temple of Time Armogohma, Lots of detail not only into her, but the room as well, yet probably as easy as OOT's version of Gohma. Now take someone like Gyrog. Awesome battle, awesome cut scenes, but the thing is a giant fish with a mask on. Not a lot of detail yet one of the hardest bosses in that game. To me it seems like every good boss isn't as detailed as it deserves, with the exception of Stalfos. He was a boss that was like holy carp I'm actually frightened to face for once. tell me what you guys think though.

pkfroce

Skelepuns
............. Kalle Demos from WW (The second boss. The plant-like thing) I think it was pretty detailed with the whole using tentacle like things to hang on the ceiling and then just the pure fact that when you open its weak spot your like, "OH NO OH NO WHEN IS IT GOING TO CLOSE AND WHEN SHOULD I GET OUT AND- GAAAAH DANGIT" Also, it is so COLORFUL. I don't know why, but everytime I look at it I'm like, "Whoa." And now, for the disappiontment. This boss is too easy. I honestly think it should have been a mini boss instead. Basically the only time you could get hurt is when it closes its weak spot and swallows you. Open its weak spot and slash and hack at it twice, and hes dead. More over, once you get the master sword he dies after one set of slashing! Hands down. This guy is #1.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Definitely Volvagia from Ocarina of Time; it was nothing short of exhilarating to fight a fearsome dragon in 3D yet after the awesome fire breathing emergence, a dull whack-a-mole contest ensues. Dodging the beast's fire breath and the boulders raining down during emergence is no difficult task. Ocarina of Time features stellar bosses, however, both its fire guardians were nothing short of disappointing. King Dodongo was excusable being the second dungeon but Volvagia was a poor way to cap off an atmospheric lair. The problem with listless fire dungeon bosses has largely persisted to this day with Cragma from Spirit Tracks being the sole exception.

I realize the thread specifically calls for one boss but another complaint I'd like to register is against Byrne from Spirit Tracks. I love Byrne. He's easily one of the deepest characters in series history. His ill nature and search for power shed into a pure Lokomo willing to sacrifice his life for a righteous cause. When it came to the bout, however, it was nothing more than blocking him with a Phantom and slashing away aimlessly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom