• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What Are Your Worst Fears of Zelda Wii U?

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Stagnation.

Comments from Aunoma have made me at least positive it might not be the case, and I love that, it's nice to be positive about up-coming stuff! I disliked how in-organic TP and SS felt, the latter in particular, so him citing Skyrim as some influence was a nice thing to hear. But, the Zelda formula, as it is, just isn't exciting to me personally anymore, and SS was the first Zelda I'd say was a weak game I didn't enjoy. If they stick with what they've been doing for years now, and not gotten any better at, I can't imagine I'll enjoy it so much. Be good but, Zelda shouldn't be 'good', it should be great!

But, that's just an opinion. I have faith Nintendo will come out with something great but if they don't, faith will be at an all-time low. I also worry it won't stack up well beside other titles, and the direction Nintendo takes might put them right in the line of fire. If they're going for realism, and being more open and non-linear, they'll get some un-wanted comparisons with stuff like Witcher 3.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Wind Waker has decent damage, but the enemies are just far too stupid to hit you. They're more likely to hit each other. Regardless if casual difficulty sets you off so much, I suggest against constantly buying games from a casual series. XD

My worst fear is that it will have Midna in it. Seriously, I'll ****ing puke if they put her in another game. Not that they would, because it would make no sense, but if they DID, I'd puke.

1). It will be a sequel to Skyward Sword.
2). It will have the same art style as Skyward Sword.
3). It will have Skyward Sword's motion controls.
4). It will have a s***ty story, like Skyward Sword's.
5). It will have another Hero Mode, like Skyward Sword's.
6). It will have a stupid TV ad, like Skyward Sword's.
7). The gameplay will suck, like Skyward Sword's.
8). Fi will be the sidekick again, like in Skyward Sword.
9). We'll fly Loftwings again, like in Skyward Sword.
10). Ghirahim will return but be the main villain, sort of like Skyward Sword.

Yep, seeing how much I hate Skyward S***, I fear Zelda Wii U will suck a**, just like how Skyward S*** sucked a**.

You even hate Skyward Sword more then me lol.

OK, seriously I actually don't hate SS, but it's definitely not my favorite Zelda game.

Last edited:

Salem

SICK
Aaaaand once again I feel obligated to debate this. Stories can be interesting and fun without being linear.

Puzzles can be fun, devious, and varied without relying on multiple items obtained previously. Zelda's done it before, other games have done it before, we shouldn't worry about it.

Items can also be fun, devious, and varied without being obtained in a linear order. If anything, I see non-linearity as an opening point to explore item usage in unforeseen ways.

Not necessarily a bad thing if those dark ages were awesome.
Yeah, pretty much.
If it means bringing the games back to the "dark ages", so be it, I WELCOME the dark ages.

The thing is, non-linearity is not superior or inferior to linearity; it's just different. It's like calling apples clearly superior to ham steak or blue clearly superior to red. Both have their pros and cons. You may not prefer non-linearity and hope Zelda U doesn't utilize it, which is fine, but it seems a little extreme to claim it's inherently a bad thing for everyone.
Exactly as I was saying whenever the linear vs nonlinear depate comes up.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
The thing is, non-linearity is not superior or inferior to linearity; it's just different. It's like calling apples clearly superior to ham steak or blue clearly superior to red. Both have their pros and cons. You may not prefer non-linearity and hope Zelda U doesn't utilize it, which is fine, but it seems a little extreme to claim it's inherently a bad thing for everyone.

Depends on the genre. There's no real reason for an Action-ADVENTURE game to be linear, whereas genres like Platformers and Hack-'N-Slashers can get away with it, so long as their design is heavily varied and offers lots of choice as to how situations can be approached -- games like Super Mario Galaxy/SMG2, Devil May Cry 3, and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, for example.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
The biggest thing I'm afraid of is crappy voice-acting, more hand-holding, an artstyle I won't particularly enjoy, and lack of difficulty. Seriously, ever since Wind Waker, 3D Zelda's gotten so much easier. I think we need to return to OOt/MM difficulty for Zelda WiiU.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
The biggest thing I'm afraid of is crappy voice-acting, more hand-holding, an artstyle I won't particularly enjoy, and lack of difficulty. Seriously, ever since Wind Waker, 3D Zelda's gotten so much easier. I think we need to return to OOt/MM difficulty for Zelda WiiU.

Ocarina of Time isn't any more difficult than most modern Zelda games. Certainly more than The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, but pretty much at the same level as all the others, if not lower, especially compared to Spirit Tracks and Skyward Sword. I think so many people fail to realize this because they played it when they were much less experienced -- which is a double-edged blade, since said people are MORE experienced current day.

I actually thought Skyward Sword was the most challenging 3D Zelda game since Majora's Mask, though it wasn't exactly straying into Shinobi territory. As much as everyone brings up the "hand-holding" argument against Skyward Sword, its combat felt a little freer to me - "gimmicky," yes, but still more open to your own input and not just waiting for the obligatory time to whip out a parry or Hidden Skill.

I get the impression the perceived lack of difficulty in Zelda is something Nintendo's caught onto and are trying to do something about, hence Hero Mode in both Skyward Sword and The Wind Waker HD (not to mention the Master Quest in Ocarina of Time 3D). Will they be totally successful in turning Zelda U into a tough, challenging experience for us Zelda veterans? I have no idea, but I'm certain they'll at least try, which shows they're paying attention.

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
1) It'll be too easy.
2) It'll be linear.
3) Magic will not be present.
4) The story will have the presentation of an epic but the execution of Skyward Sword.
5) It'll be overhyped to Twilight Princess levels but massively disappoint.
6) Exploration will be non-existent.
7) Gimmicks.

Those are my fears.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
1.) No magic meter. Seriously, why haven't they brought this back yet?

2.) People will over-hype it and then complain about it until the next Zelda game's release because it didn't meet their's stupid expectations.

3.) A large, and barren overworld.

4.) Poorly designed dungeons, and a lot of them.

5.) Nothing new. I actually like gimmicks that work.

6.) I don't really care about linearity, but I'd like there to be no strict path.

7.) Motion controls because I'd rather push a button than shake a stick.

8.) Hand holding.

9.) Item pick-up notifications.

10.) It will be a prequel or a sequel. Seriously, enough with those.

11.) No 2nd Quest. I like those. They add replay value.

12.) Multiplayer

13.) Voice acting

You all may now rip apart my post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom