• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What are your unpopular anime opinions?

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Demon Slayer is about as mediocre (if not downright bad) as an anime comes as far as writing goes. Only reason it got as popular as it did is because of the quality of the animation.
> Be demon
> Get beaten to death
> Reveal sad backstory in attempt to invoke emotions from viewers in last moments
> Poof

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Giving people a hard time for only watching “normie” anime and not more obscure stuff is not helping the genre grow at all. If someone tells you that they’ve only really watch the popular stuff like My Hero Academia and Demon Slayer you should recommend stuff you like to get them more into anime rather than make fun of them for only being on the base level.

Side tangent: I’m into metal music and anime which seem like the most gatekeeping communities but I’m on two different sides of the spectrum on each. With metal I’m super into it and if I know someone who is trying to get into it I try to recommend other stuff they might like. With anime I only know the popular stuff

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom