• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda What Are Your Top 5 Favorite Zelda Games?

Hello, everyone! This thread is for you to name your top five favorite Zelda games! It's a pretty simple topic, but feel free to discuss your point of view! :)

Here are my top five!:

1. Majora's Mask
2. Ocarina of Time
3. Wind Waker
4. Skyward Sword
5. A Link Between Worlds

I put Majora's Mask as #1, because there is so much more depth than the other games, in my opinion. I loved the story, the gameplay, the characters, everything. I didn't get to play Majora's Mask until I was older, so I was able to somewhat comprehend that depth upon my first time playing through.

Ocarina of Time comes next because that was my first Zelda game, and I also loved everything about this game. Wind Waker was actually the second Zelda game I ever played. Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker are very nostalgic games for me, since I was very young when I would first play them. I also enjoyed Skyward Sword so much. Of course, it's not better than the classics (in my opinion), but I absolutely loved the story and the characters. I found myself tearing up during some cut scenes. Not to mention, the music! I mean, some of the tunes aren't as memorable as the tunes in Ocarina of Time, but I just loved the orchestrated aspect of the music.

And finally, A Link Between Worlds! This is #5, because I found myself liking this game more than I thought I would. When I bought the game, I was only expecting a decent sequel game. But it felt like more than that to me. As I have with my other favorites, I simply loved everything about it.

Salem

SICK
In no particular order.
  • Legend Of Zelda
  • A Link to the Past
  • Ocarina of Time
  • Link's Awakening
  • A Link Between Worlds

1.A link to the Past
2.Ocarina of Time
3.Twilight Princess
4. Link's Awakening
5.Oracle of Ages/Seasons

1.Adventure of Link
2.Legend of Zelda
3. Twilight Princess
4.Link's Awakening DX
5. Minish Cap

AoL has good controls, great music was the first to implement new sword techniques and shape-shifting, he can jump and cast spells and was also the first Zelda to have towns.

LoZ-Nostalgia! I feel like a kid on Sunday morning booting this up on my ol' GBA. It's got the most dungeons of any Zelda has an entirely different 2nd quest which I have yet to conquer, it was the first Zelda and one of the best and is still tons of fun to play

TP-this was my first 3D Zelda. I was kinda annoyed with it but once I started getting the hang of things I fell head over heels in love, it gets more play then almost any other game on my wii! second only to Okami

LADX-someone recommended this and I've had almost nothing but fun playing it, has some unique dungeons, it has a great cast of NPCs, an unusual plot for Zelda, a great location and lotsa fun optional things to do, I especially love the pictures you can take. that and of course Mario Bros cameos

MC-I turned my nose up at first but gave it a second try! this game is a blast! it has some neat dungeons, hilarious characters and jokes, fun things to do (I spend forever getting new figurines, gotta get em all next time!) and the attention to detail is amazing when your in minish size, plus it has some of the best bosses in the franchise!

Last edited:

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Wind Waker.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
1. Ocarina of Time
1. Majora's Mask
1. A Link to the Past
4. Oracles games
5. A Link Between Worlds

Why are OoT, MM, and ALttP all in the number one spot? Because they're the best games in the world as far as I'm concerned. Foundational games that have kept their quality even despite graphical and even gameplay enhancements. They've literally stood the test of time in my eyes. They crush the competition without even updating themselves (I'd argue that OoT3D is in many ways a devolution from OoT64...that art style killed a lot of vibes I get from OoT64). They're examples of what playtesting and even what bugs should be: fun, eventful, and something to remember and to return to even years after completion. Their formulas are wonderful. I love them.

Oracle games are inseparable to me.

ALBW is another great game though I felt it was a bit short and a little too weak on the story side. Where a game like ALttP or OoT is also weak on he story side but makes up for it by being mysterious and thought provoking, ALBW is pretty much "listen, this game is all about the gameplay my *****, ain't nothin you finna do about it, and we don't care at all for the story because this is a Gameplay-Centric game". I didn't like that. I felt they could have given us more lore and perhaps fleshed Floria or whatever her name was out a bit more. The dark princess girl. Yuga was also a good villain but a tiny bit on the Ghirahim side of things..

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
  • Ocarina of Time
  • Majora's Mask
  • Wind Waker
  • Twilight Princess
  • Phantom Hourglass
Those would be the Zelda games I've spent the most time on and really enjoyed. :) Minish Cap could be up there too buuuuuuut it just missed the cut. Poor lil' MC.

1. Twilight Princess
2. Ocarina of Time
3. The Wind Waker
4. Majora's Mask
5. Skyward Sword

You may notice they're all 3d entries. Personally, I just get more out of these games-- Each and every one is more expansive, more atmospheric, and more thought-provoking than any 2d installment (with the exception of Link's Awakening, which is just about up there with my favorites), and those qualities are just what appeal to me more.

Twilight Princess-- what can I say? My first Zelda game, and irrefutably my favorite. In my eyes, the greatest story, atmosphere, gameplay, art direction, world, and characters of the series; it did things cinematically and narratively which no entry had done before, and, in many cases, has done since. Despite being my introduction to the series, this title has grown with me, and every time I look at it, something new hits me. It's that life-- that spark-- that puts the game at my #1.

Numbers 2, 3, and 4, really, are interchangeable, depending on how I'm feeling. They all mean something different to me, and I appreciate them all in different ways.

Skyward Sword I tend to look at critically-- I can't really help it-- and so I draw a lot of issues with it. That said, I still greatly enjoyed it; some aspects of it were dull, but many were impeccable, and at the end of the day, those are the ones that stand out.

1. Wind Waker
2. The Minish Cap
3. A Link Between Worlds
4. Four Swords Adventures
5. Ocarina of Time

Yes, the game that everyone hates is my favorite Zelda game while a much beloved game is fifth on my list. Come at me.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
1. Wind Waker
2. The Minish Cap
3. A Link Between Worlds
4. Four Swords Adventures
5. Ocarina of Time

Yes, the game that everyone hates is my favorite Zelda game while a much beloved game is fifth on my list. Come at me.
OH MY GOD HOW COULD YOU DARE TO PUT SOMETHING OF THE QUALITY OF TWW ABOVE THAT OF OOT? YOU HAVE COMMITTED A HEINOUS CRIME THAT SHALL BE PUNISHED FOR ETERNITY! NO FORGIVENESS SHALL BE DIVERTED TO YOU; YOU HAVE COMMITTED THE ULTIMATE SIN FOR WHICH NO REPENTANCE SHALL BE ACCEPTED!

No, I really don't care. Most people actually don't. You like this, I like that. Boohoo, if somebody cuts your arms for it then...well you should call the cops first then you should be like "it's your problem, not mine ;p"

OH MY GOD HOW COULD YOU DARE TO PUT SOMETHING OF THE QUALITY OF TWW ABOVE THAT OF OOT? YOU HAVE COMMITTED A HEINOUS CRIME THAT SHALL BE PUNISHED FOR ETERNITY! NO FORGIVENESS SHALL BE DIVERTED TO YOU; YOU HAVE COMMITTED THE ULTIMATE SIN FOR WHICH NO REPENTANCE SHALL BE ACCEPTED!

No, I really don't care. Most people actually don't. You like this, I like that. Boohoo, if somebody cuts your arms for it then...well you should call the cops first then you should be like "it's your problem, not mine ;p"

And this is coming from the guy who loves a game that didn't age all that well. Just stop replying to every comment I leave here. I know you don't like me, but I'm getting stressed from this very badly. -___-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom