• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic What Are You Top Three Most Frightful Dungeons in the Nintendo 64 Zeldas?

Top Three Frightful Dungeons?

• Forest Temple

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fire Temple

• Water Temple

• Spirit Temple

• Shadow Temple

• Ganon's Castle

• Woodfall

• Snowhead

• Great Bay Temple

• Stone Tower Temple

• Total voters

MrLuigi

Theorist
It seems to be a popular topic on here. I'm talking about the main dungeons, not so much about the mini dungeons though.

My first one would be the Forest Temple. Music, location, history, those three factors make the place downright bone-chilling.

My second would be Stone Tower Temple. Music, location, history. Seems like those three things can make a dungeon scare me. The most errie thing about it for me is the tower itself. You got ReDeads moaning and the temple entrance just STARES at you.

My third is Woodfall. Location and history are a big factor here. The interior also sets me Topsy-turvy. When I mean history I am talking about what is was before "evil" or before current events.

SO what are your three most frightful dungeons?

I go for woodfall,stone tower and the shadow temple.
The shadow temple is scary after all its under a graveyard.
And the music is quite scary,dark etc.
Same goes for woodfall very scary and it goes pitch black at times.
Finally stone tower,the music and the fact it turns upside down never seen this in a zelda game before.

Epona

Ordon Village
For me it's mostly the Forest Temple and the Shadow Temple, and under the well, even though that's not really a temple.

great bay freaks me out: its dark, huge, and freaking complicated. Not to mention the enemies like the deku babas, electric fish, etc.

add on Shadow Temple with all the pits, messages about the Lens of Truth, and the ship. The wallmasters too.

Water Temple too, just by the virtue of being underground in a ton of water.

Should had LTTP (yea its SNES) in there so you wouldn't have to leave out Turtle Rock.

AwesomeTingle

Pure Awesomeness
The shadow temple! The walls are covered with skulls for petes sake! The music just adds the effect that you are with the spirits... or am I thinking of the spirit temple? Idk, I voted for them both

For me it'd have to be the Shadow Temple because of those creepy glowing eyes on the walls.
The Forest Temple because the music reminds me on a headless doll floating towards me.
The Water Temple because of the spiky ball things :( .

Cool poll btw! You should make another one for other Zelda games :D

P

PiKn1ght314

The Shadow Temple. Creepy place filled to the top with death traps, death, and disease carrying rodents. Bleh. The music didn't help, and the whole thing was designed to scar you for life. The walls also tell you very uncomforting things. That's just unsettling.
Stone Tower Temple. The thought of where it is and it's history is blood chilling, and the monsters that live inside are a scary bunch (mostly the mini-bosses). The fact that it flips and it's meant to be a dead place is pretty creepy too.
Woodfall Temple. Not really that scary, except for the many dark spots in it where the little dust mites jump out at you. And that darn opera singer!!!

Swordbomb

Doktor Assisted Homicide
the scariest dungeon is shadow temple to me.............. enough said

also the forest temple is not that scary to me i really like the song if i could i might sing it all day!

also the forest temple is not that scary to me i really like the song if i could i might sing it all day!

The first time? Shadow Temple. The things in there are very surprising.

But every time after that? Forest Temple. Over time, you come to expect the things inside the Shadow Temple. But the Forest Temple just gives you that eerie, bone-chilling feeling because of a lot of things. Ghosts hiding in paintings, outdoor courtyards filled with Skulltulas and vines, twisted hallways, etc. And the music on top of it all. Because the "scares" in the Shadow Temple are just all of a sudden, shocking things, like torture devices, blood on the floor, or invisible walls, that you come to expect. The Forest Temple, though, just has that eerie feeling all throughout.

The Forest Temple is just eerily awesome for a number of reasons.

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
The easy two to pick for me was the Shadow Temple (for obvious reasons) and the Forest Temple, which is just an eerie place to be. The third one was really tough for me, though. The second I voted I realized I was apparently in the minority on this one, but I picked the Fire Temple. Think about it, you're in an underground, under a volcano, dungeon where a dragon who spits fire is keeping an entire race of people captive in order to eat them. Meanwhile, there's fire everywhere.

A couple honorable mentions were Stone Tower Temple and Water Temple. Water Temple only because I'm frightened by how much of a pain in the butt it is :lol:

i would definatly have to go with the shadow temple being the scariest one for me
like it kinda freaks me out just the deadhands baisically
the next one would probably be the forest temple.. even tho its not that scary,
i cant even think of a third one because none of the other ones i found were very scary to me.

MrLuigi

Theorist
i would definatly have to go with the shadow temple being the scariest one for me
like it kinda freaks me out just the deadhands baisically
the next one would probably be the forest temple.. even tho its not that scary,
i cant even think of a third one because none of the other ones i found were very scary to me.

I thought about my top three like that, knowing only 2 creepy dungeons and just adding a third one.

Wish that "Under the Well" had been on here (from OOT). That place gives me the creeps. Top creepiest place in all the games has to be that one room in the Shadow Temple (just off the room with the invisible walls and the Floormasters) - the one with all the blood and the St Andrew's cross...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom