• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Are Some of Your Favorite Warriors Tunes?

Mido

Version 1
The Warriors franchise continues to make big steps in expanding its brand with its crossover flexibility. The repetitively-iconic gameplay lends itself to such endeavors. A question does linger, however: what about the music of the series? The music is what often sets the mood for the various grand battles in which the players partake, and in this respect can heighten the experience. What are some of your favorite songs in any Warriors game?

Sounds like a certain Avenged Sevenfold song, no? :`v`:

While I've likely gone on long enough, no list would be complete without one variation of this iconic theme:

@Mido

Ryu Hayabusa's Theme - That souunds like it was based of the 1st level of the NES game musically speaking. It's a great track though the one you listed.
My Favourote of the ones you've listed is - Our Determination - Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires. But they are all good choices.

Here is my top 10 in order. 1 being my favourite.

- Dynasty Warriors 4

Terra Fecunda - Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires - Can't find it on youtube.

Mido

Version 1
@Mido

Ryu Hayabusa's Theme - That souunds like it was based of the 1st level of the NES game musically speaking. It's a great track though the one you listed.
My Favourote of the ones you've listed is - Our Determination - Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires. But they are all good choices.

Ryu's theme seems to be heavily based on that music, and while I'm familiar with the tune, I've never played a Ninja Gaiden game myself. Our Determination I don't know how many times I've had to hear, since it's the music that plays when you swear an oath of brotherhood with another officer. I've eventually made it my main Menu music in Empires.

- Dynasty Warriors 4

These two are my favorites of your list, and I don't know how I forgot about Good Punch for my own list! :eek: It's a good one! Map of the Three Kingdoms is also great, and is probably my favorite of the encyclopedia music for the series.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I haven't played any of the main series Warrior games before, but HW and FEW have some great tunes.

FEW: This Precious World . Totally my favorite one now. Like, holy cow its so good.
FEW: Alight (Storm) . I didn't play Fates but I love the original version of this theme and the Warriors version is also great.
FEW: Justice RIP (Storm) . Love it.
FEW: Road Taken (Roar) . I enjoy this theme very much.
HW: Eclipse of the Sun . This tune is pretty awesome.
HW: Eclipse of the Moon GT . All the Eclipse themes are great ok
HW: Eclipse of the World GT . Also really great.
HWL: Molgera . Great remix of a great boss battle tune.

source.gif

@Mido

Ryu Hayabusa's Theme - Warriors Orochi 3 0 I worked out exactly what piece it's based on. It's not what I said it was. It's actually Stage 4-2 from the NES Ninja Gaiden.

I was sure it had a NG1 vibe and I was correct.

Also Mido I have a question for you.

I own Dynasty Warriors 8 and really like it. I own Samurai Warriors 4-2 and really don't like it. I have never played Warriors Orochi. What's it like in your opinion when compared ot these other Warriors games? I always though the purely fantasy stoeylines of Orochi would turn me off. Do you think I should give Orochi 3 a try?

Mido

Version 1
Also Mido I have a question for you.

I own Dynasty Warriors 8 and really like it. I own Samurai Warriors 4-2 and really don't like it. I have never played Warriors Orochi. What's it like in your opinion when compared ot these other Warriors games? I always though the purely fantasy stoeylines of Orochi would turn me off. Do you think I should give Orochi 3 a try?

I saw your reviews of Samurai Warriors 4-2 and I was sad to hear this was the case if only because I was considering purchasing Spirit of Sanada for Switch if it released overseas. At the same time it brings me solace to know I can focus my efforts to reacquiring Empires! :D

But as far as your question is concerned, the Warriors Orochi games are arguably the premier Warriors crossover experience. I've only played some of 2 and all of 3: Hyper. The story is pretty solid, and if you just play the third one, which I would recommend doing at this point; the gallery menu has a synopsis of the other games' plots. The story is overall okay, not as engaging as Dynasty Warriors, but simple enough to enjoy as far as large crossover stories are concerned. There's also the three officer mechanic in which you can play as a team of officers and switch them out at will akin to Sonic Heroes, which is neat. If you do decide to give the game a try, definitely only buy the Ultimate Edition. It has loads more content than even Hyper, which a longer story mode to boot and more characters.

I saw your reviews of Samurai Warriors 4-2 and I was sad to hear this was the case if only because I was considering purchasing Spirit of Sanada for Switch if it released overseas. At the same time it brings me solace to know I can focus my efforts to reacquiring Empires! :D

But as far as your question is concerned, the Warriors Orochi games are arguably the premier Warriors crossover experience. I've only played some of 2 and all of 3: Hyper. The story is pretty solid, and if you just play the third one, which I would recommend doing at this point; the gallery menu has a synopsis of the other games' plots. The story is overall okay, not as engaging as Dynasty Warriors, but simple enough to enjoy as far as large crossover stories are concerned. There's also the three officer mechanic in which you can play as a team of officers and switch them out at will akin to Sonic Heroes, which is neat. If you do decide to give the game a try, definitely only buy the Ultimate Edition. It has loads more content than even Hyper, which a longer story mode to boot and more characters.
The 3 hero/officer mechanic is exactly like the Dragon Quest Heroes games and it really works well there.

Thanks for your comments. I will certainly look for the ultimate edition if I can get it at a decent price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom