• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Well...this seems rough... (Picture Quests & Hyrule Compendium)

So, I like to buy the compendium pictures because they look nice. I'm one of those guys. It looks like the following two things are true:

1) You can't buy a compendium picture if you've already taken the picture yourself. You can OVERWRITE your original picture, but you can NEVER buy the "official" picture. Of course, with the Sunshroom, you have to take your own picture regardless...but that's another issue.

2) You can only buy a compendium picture ONCE. If you later take a picture of the same item and the "official" pic gets overwritten, you're busted. Thankfully, with the picture already in there, you should get prompted about whether you want to override the picture or not.

So, if I have it right, for any quest that requires you to take a picture, like the pic needed for the Zora Greaves or the Guardian pictures needed for that one shrine quest in the lake area, if you want the "official" pics for the Compendium, before taking the pictures for these quests, you have to spend billions of Rupees hoping to get the official pic first (since you get a random one), and then when you take a picture for the quests, just be sure NOT to overwrite the "official" pic...correct?

Even though I'm thankful there is this loophole...sure seems like a nasty thing for official Compendium collectors to have to deal with...

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
what? no compendium doesn't cost billions speaking as one who has actually bought all photos (cuz lazy YAY) it costs more in the region of 50-60k

Zachie

Moo
If anything, buying pictures should be a last resort. I hate that there's such a system in the game for common pictures, and I think the only things you should be able to buy are pictures that you can miss (Blights, Calamity, Dark Beast, Golden Bow) and the rest you should have to get yourself.

If anything, buying pictures should be a last resort. I hate that there's such a system in the game for common pictures, and I think the only things you should be able to buy are pictures that you can miss (Blights, Calamity, Dark Beast, Golden Bow) and the rest you should have to get yourself.
Golden Bow? I've gotren many of those, totally somethnig not one time only. However I agree with you, make the one time only photo opportunities be purchasable. Not tht pricey though because it's not fair to punish the player for not knowing to photo something.

Zachie

Moo
Golden Bow? I've gotren many of those, totally somethnig not one time only. However I agree with you, make the one time only photo opportunities be purchasable. Not tht pricey though because it's not fair to punish the player for not knowing to photo something.
I was talking about the bow you get during the final boss. I forgot the name. Bow of Light or something. Also you can buy those photos, but only after you beat Ganon. They're 500 each.

I get people's points. I just didn't buy Breath of the Wild to be Annie Leibovitz. I've never liked the mini-games for the same reason - side quests I get. But things like the Compendium just take me out of the element. "I must defeat Ganon and free the princess! The world is depending upon...OOOH, IS THAT A WARM SAFFINA? I simply MUST snap it for my album!" Like...what?

Zachie

Moo
A lot of Breath of the Wilds features are refined from other games. Stamina? Skyward Sword. Pictures? LA/WW, obviously enough people liked doing it in those games for Nintendo to include it.

But either way, Compendium doesn't affect your 100%ing, so it's completely optional.

A lot of Breath of the Wilds features are refined from other games. Stamina? Skyward Sword. Pictures? LA/WW, obviously enough people liked doing it in those games for Nintendo to include it.

But either way, Compendium doesn't affect your 100%ing, so it's completely optional.
Even getting 100% is optional. Totally up to the player as to what they do in the game. The game is a collectathon anyway. But I agree with you about refining everything. Taking the best bits from other games and improving on them.

Breakable shields were terrible and annoying in Skyward Sword but in Breath of the Wild they work just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom