• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Weird Things You Do Alone

Dan

We all do strange things, but when out of view from others we can often go stranger, what strange things do you do when alone. I don't think I need to remind you all to keep it clean. ;p

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
When I'm alone, I talk to myself a lot. It can be about literally anything. My mind is usually directly connected to my mouth when I'm alone. I also sing along to the music I listen to when I'm alone in my room.

This could have been my answer! I do exactly the same. I talk so much people would think I got visitors :P

I talk to myself, to the point where it annoys me. I, like, split my awareness into the likeness of multiple people, and converse with them, though it's usually one on one with the mentality of my sister. It makes me wonder if I have some undiagnosed personality disorder, because there are other things I do that point to something of the sort. Oddly enough, I don't adopt the personalities of people who don't exist for the most part. Not unless I'm telling myself stories during my moments of "meditation" and I happen to have a role in it. Or, I just monologue. That's pretty common of my, too.

I also draw certain things when I'm alone versus having people around because I don't like my dad watching me. He likes to watch me. And I hate it, and he knows it. And no, I'm not drawing anything inappropriate; I just like to keep to myself, geez.

Lastly, I play the piano when I'm home alone. I just don't play when people are around anymore, mostly because my sister will laugh at me because of whats-his-face and songs associated with him. I recently tried to play while my sister was home--just to see if I could handle it. I kept messing up because my fingers were sweaty and kept slipping off the black keys, and I knew she was judging me the entirety of the song. Near the end, I cut myself off, threw my head onto the keyboard, shaking. I could hear her creeping down the stairs quietly and then walked up behind me and I like screamed at her without turning around. I left the room and curled into a ball on the family room floor and wept quietly. Er, yeah... as you can see, whats-his-face has really messed me up. And, since that's mostly all I play on the piano lately because someone moved all the sheet music and my staff paper, and it's the only thing I know by heart at this moment... she can really throw jabs at me for it. She often feigns ignorance in order for me to humiliate myself by explaining things to her despite already knowing. I am taking a break from arranging some things, and some other sheet music got misplaced...

Not that playing the piano and drawing are weird things to do alone, but the circumstances make it weird. Because of him.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I sing along when listening to music. This is something I only ever do when alone. I'm not really self conscious, as I've heard that I have a good voice, but idk... I just don't sing around people. And when alone, I can sing really loud and go crazy attempting screamo! XD

Lately, I've taken a liking to laying out on the deck in the sun with a milkshake and my 3DS while alone. Crank my music, open the door, and just chill. Can't really do that with people around because noise and stuff.

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
I engage in causal conversations with my imaginary friend Mr. Ravilo the Russian

I usually just talk to myself if I'm playing a game...but if not I roleplay with thy self

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
I tend to talk to myself using multiple different accents and voices. Maybe it will be a skill that comes in handy one day, who knows?

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
I start playing the piano alone. I don't really like playing it in front of others at home because my family members tend to get annoyed. I also like to talk to myself (just like you people), as if like I have separate imaginary friends that represent my emotions. Other than that I always like imagining fantasical scenes in my head and reenact them with my own actions, so I'll always sort of play with myself in my room.

I also like singing alone, too.

Clank

Hmm
I usually don't get much time to myself, so I cherish every moment.

I talk to myself, like I literally have several different personalities that I talk to, most of them are slightly crazy. but they help me to think through issues and not react irrationally. Then again I do this all the time, just normally quietly so that I am not sent to an asylum.

Usually though, I also like to clean the house while everyone is gone so that I can have a clean house to myself, even if only for a few hours, which tends to lead to me making food, usually something like cookies, cake, pizza, or pretty much anything. However once I have a clean house and food is when I start on my favorite thing, simply thinking, irregardless of what about, having absolute peace to think is so relaxing. If people don't return before I have sorted out my thoughts(which hasn't happened in a long time), then I will sometimes do things that I don't like to do in front of other people, stuff like playing the piano(I enjoy it quite a lot, but quite frankly I am horrible at it) or playing games like Mk.

So yeah, basically, I relax when I am alone, then I go crazy.

Blue Canary

Your Friendly Neighborhood S***poster
I talk to myself. I run around like a mad man and talk to myself. Of course, I also do it outside, so I have no idea what my neighbors think. I don't really care though. I need exercise, and talking to myself is fun. Like my dad says, "Talking to yourself is okay as long as you realize that you are talking to yourself. It helps you know you're not insane."

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I sing loudly while I shower, and since that's something I do three times a day, it's a little weird. o_O Seriously, though. I don't do too many weird things by myself, unless you count writing for hours while listening to music a weird thing, which is not.

Sheik

:the:
And when alone, I can sing really loud and go crazy attempting screamo! XD

Lol, I attempted screamo once when I was home alone. I didn't know my brother was walking through the door, and he was like, "Why the **** are you screaming."

Once, well, maybe three minutes ago, same thing.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
I have conversations with myself over pointless things, where one of me is regular, and the other has some kind of accent, whether it be Mexican or Russian or whatever. I once had a discussion with myself for half an hour about why McDonalds McNuggets are disgusting, but my cowboy self disagreed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom