• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Weird Things in Ocarina of Time

Conor

the over analysing guy
As I'll be going to sleep soon (it's late on this side of the Atlantic) I'll leave anyone that decides to post more weird things I found. This may have been discussed before but it's still interesting to me.

Ever notice how when you kill a redead the body stays about 30 seconds before fading away? I discovered in castle town if one of these bodies is currently on the floor the redeads won't approach you untill it fades away, in fact, they approach the body, and if you do it just right they crouch in front of the body untill it disappears, I've heard people say that the redeads actually EAT their dead, but I always thought of it as mourning, what do you guys think? and goodnight :D

wow, way to accidentally delete the original OP Conor -.-, oh well, the general premise is simple enough, right?

Last edited:

Conor

the over analysing guy
another quick thing some of you may have noticed, there are various beehive like things located throughout the game, most notably in King Zora's throne room and the numerous holes in hyrule field, if I recall you can destroy these with a well aimed boomerang, possibly some other methods, and there's no real reward for doing this, maybe I missed the ones with all the rupees in them? Maybe they're there just for decoration?

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
Very nice finds conor! I can see you're new, so welcome to The Dungeon! :lol: Great finds, i applaud thee. :clap: :yes:

Conor

the over analysing guy
Well thank you, I have many more but I didn't want to look foreveralone and post them all to myself, heh

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I think of it as eating rather than mourning. After all, if they have at least enough empathy to mourn their dead, they wouldn't necessarily try to kill the living (despite the living having never commit a crime against them), would they?

Conor

the over analysing guy
Well I suppose that makes sense, and I'm sure it says somewhere that they're beings made of magic? That may have been on a smash bros. trophy so don't quote me on that lol, but if that were the case I feel that they would feel empathy for each other as they're all brothers in that sense, made for the purpose of killing others.

Conor

the over analysing guy
not a problem :) If you're interested in any weird hookshot related stuff I'd be glad to share that with you later, too.
EDIT: may as well post them now while this is still on the front page,
in the poe shop and the tower in lon lon ranch you can use your hook/longshot to grapple onto the ceiling,and in the lon lon ranch tower there's a hole (presumably a window, maybe I'll do some...*ahem* research after I finish MM) that looks very reachable (will check that out too), however, in the 3ds version you can't use your hookshot in either of these buildings, I find it bizarre that they even made it possible to grapple onto those parts in the first place.

Last edited:

Conor

the over analysing guy
I would also like to point out the near uselessness of getting all gold skulltulas, rupees themselves, and the masks in this game, does anyone think it's possible that they had majora's mask in mind even while making OoT?

C

CalebYo

Well, Side quests, Duh. MM is like 10% storyline and 90% Side Quests. and its kinda satisfying to go above and beyond

Conor

the over analysing guy
Yes but my point is, what's the point in having a sidequest if the reward is basically useless?

Cool find(s), Conor, and welcome to Zelda Dungeon. I now see Redeads in a whole new light. (no pun intended :lol:)

Also, try to avoid "double posting". :nod: If you have more to add, just edit your post. ^^

Conor

the over analysing guy
I don't know, they actually serve a purpose in Majora's mask, like a lot of seemingly useless things left in Ocarina of Time, on the flipside though it sort of adds to the charm, that not everything has to have a purpose in the game, much like real life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom