• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Weird Deku Tree Realization

Malon

DBA DBA DBABA GF#G DB EF#E (If you know, you know)
So in ToTK and BoTW, the Deku Tree exists. In Wind Waker, the Deku Tree exists. In OoT, you get the idea. But it's a tree. how the crap does it move like that? In OoT, it dies then re-sprouts, so does it like, die every time it needs to move and then re-sprouts? Could it place ToTK and BoTW on the adult timeline, since Wind Waker has Koroks AND a Deku Tree? Anyone have any ideas as to how the crap this happens?

So in ToTK and BoTW, the Deku Tree exists. In Wind Waker, the Deku Tree exists. In OoT, you get the idea. But it's a tree. how the crap does it move like that? In OoT, it dies then re-sprouts, so does it like, die every time it needs to move and then re-sprouts? Could it place ToTK and BoTW on the adult timeline, since Wind Waker has Koroks AND a Deku Tree? Anyone have any ideas as to how the crap this happens?
It absolutely places BotW and TotK on the adult timeline: in Tears of the Kingdom, there are Koroks, Rito, a living Deku Tree, an ancient sea, a world built on top of roots (which fits the Great Deku Tree Success theory https://zelda.fandom.com/wiki/Archi...ree's Success was a,that will grow into trees.).

The "founding" of Hyrule we see in the past of Tears of the Kingdom is actually a "refounding" after the flood goes away.

There are really only two Deku Trees: the one in Ocarina of Time; and the one that starts as a sapling in OoT, grows in Wind Waker, and blossoms in BotW and TotK.

It doesn't necessarily place the games in one particular timeline. We see far too much to contradict one timeline placement. We are also told (in Creating a Champion, I think) that the current Great Deku Tree was conceived as a tree that grew near the Master Sword, and was changed by the Sword's power. We only see one noteworthy tree planted close to the Master Sword, it's seed looks an awful lot like a deku nut, and it's planted back in SS. Be it the Life Tree, or not, the conception leaves room for all time lines, due to the tree's creation being tied to the Master Sword, rather than being connected to a previous tree.

We also see large intelligent talking trees in the Oracle games, so having more than one is not an issue. And, neither is having them in timelines other than the adult.

Additionally, I have pointed out that the Ash Swamp (BotW/TotK) lines up with the Lost Woods (OoT). The name and the remains (particularly in BotW) suggest a large forest fire. The water fall at the Dueling Peaks Stable is bang on for the waterfall in the Kokiri Village. The well at the stable is the only one I could find that is made up of multiple chambers, leading down (much like the inside of the Deku Tree in OoT), and there are fairies at the bottom (which is also a bit unusual for wells). We have Koroks, not as a timeline cue, but because the home of the Kokiri is gone.

I think the one we met in OoT is gone, and the one we know now predates that one. It is even easily possible that the one we met in OoT was born from a seedling of the one in BotW/TotK.

Malon

Additionally, I have pointed out that the Ash Swamp (BotW/TotK) lines up with the Lost Woods (OoT). The name and the remains (particularly in BotW) suggest a large forest fire. The water fall at the Dueling Peaks Stable is bang on for the waterfall in the Kokiri Village. The well at the stable is the only one I could find that is made up of multiple chambers, leading down (much like the inside of the Deku Tree in OoT), and there are fairies at the bottom (which is also a bit unusual for wells). We have Koroks, not as a timeline cue, but because the home of the Kokiri is gone.

I think the one we met in OoT is gone, and the one we know now predates that one. It is even easily possible that the one we met in OoT was born from a seedling of the one in BotW/TotK.
Wow. I never thought of it that way.

It's heavily implied that with in game evidence, that the location of the Deku Tree and Deku Tree sprout in Kokiri Forest and Forest Haven, didn't move much, but the name of the location changed. With the Kokiri symbols in the Forbidden Woods, as a completely changed by natural events version of the town next to the Deku Tree in Ocarina of Time. Because of that, and the fact that the Kokiri evolved into the Koroks. I never once thought of the Great Deku Tree changing locations more so that the tree is so ****ing old, it survived the passage of time, seeing the change of the world through millenias.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
the WW one is easily explained as it being the deku tree sprout but grown up, and forest haven is just what became of the forest region (faron region?) after the flood

I'm also of the opinion that tears of the wild of the breath is in the fallen timeline, in which the deku tree sprout still exists, so you can say he morphed into that version of the deku tree w/ no flood

I honestly forgot that the Oracle games has a living deku tree, however they take place in a totally different country from Hyrule, so I wouldn't say they're the same Deku Tree, but that's just me.

Malon

I honestly forgot that the Oracle games has a living deku tree, however they take place in a totally different country from Hyrule, so I wouldn't say they're the same Deku Tree, but that's just me.
And they're not even called Deku trees. Maku trees.

And they're not even called Deku trees. Maku trees.
That's why I referred to them as large talking trees. They could be the same species, with Deku and Maku being more name. Or, they may be different. I do think there is more of a connection between the Maku Trees and the Deku Tree, then with any of the other Deku creatures.

I recall from CaC that the Deku Tree in BotW and TotK is a completely new Deku Tree, with no relation to the ones in OoT and TWW. It was originally a normal tree that became a nature kami due to existing in an area with high magic for so long.

Last edited:
I just realized something. There's always a large gap between Zelda games, something could easily have happened between Wind Waker and Breath of the Wild regarding the Great Deku Tree. The one in Wind Waker is the only one that looks completely different. Breath of the Wild takes the look of the one in Ocarina of Time. It's not unreasonable that either the one in Wind Waker is a young adult, and as the tree grew it changed shape. Just like a human does with old age. Something else could have happened that we don't know, and it could be a different tree entirely. Trees in real life can live hundreds of years without dying off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom