• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Weight Training

Just out curiosity... I understand probably a large portion of the members here are maybe a little young... but I wondered if there was anyone here that was into weight training of any kind? Strength training, bodybuilding, functional training, whatever. Or even just fitness training in general.

I used to lift weights all the time. (since 5th grade) But I don't anymore.

I did it to improve my speed for swimming. But now I don't swim for my school anymore, so I find weightlifting pointless and that's why I don't lift anymore.

The reason I asked was to exchange training tips, is all. I love weight training but I'm not entirely sure I've optimised my routine... and would have also liked to exchange dietary tips ^^

I lift dumbbells everyday, and fully workout a few times a month. My dumbbell routine works very well to build arm muscle.

Not heard of it... care to elaborate?

Turbofire is a workout routine released by Beachbody (if you've ever heard of P90X or Insanity, it's the same people - I don't know if it's advertised or anything overseas...). Comes with numerous DVDs, each different, and a calendar telling you what workout to do each day (it also came with a dietary guide and meal planner, but I haven't used those yet). It's a lot of fast paced cardio, kickboxing, plyometrics, and very dance-y moves. It is INTENSE, too. It's based on HIIT (high intensity interval training) to work properly. I just started the 3rd week of it (out of 20 >_<), and I've already noticed a MAJOR increase in my stamina. My jumps have gotten considerably higher, too. I sweat like a pig but I feel fantastic after I'm done each day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom