• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Water Temples : The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Ghirahimiscool

Cucco Butt
You have a good point with some of theses dungeons. The Great Bay temple boss from Majoras Mask is really hard, but can be easier if you find tricks to beatin him. I've found one so far and want to find another soon. I'll just observe him like I always do. The water temple from Ocarina of Time is hard also, but I like the vortex room right after the mini boss. Its fun to have a challenge sometimes.

You actually don't even need to open that door. From that position you can enter the central pillar by playing the Serenade of Water, re-entering the dungeon, jumping onto the second level of the central pillar, going around to the other side, and shooting an arrow through the torch into the unlit torch to open the door to the inside of the pillar.

Exactly my point, except I died instead of playing the serenade. You have to re enter the dungeon somehow. That's poor design. I spent hours down there not knowing there was no possible way to do it without re entering the dungeon or dying

MW7

Exactly my point, except I died instead of playing the serenade. You have to re enter the dungeon somehow. That's poor design. I spent hours down there not knowing there was no possible way to do it without re entering the dungeon or dying
Well I guess we have different perspectives then. Dungeons that actually make you leave the dungeon to proceed seem very clever to me such as Skull Woods in A Link to the Past or Stone Tower Temple in Majora's Mask.

I'm still confused though how you couldn't get another key to just enter the pillar anyway since you can get two while the water is at the lowest point- the room past where you meet Ruto and going south to the whirlpool room. I've done the dungeon in every way I could imagine without glitches, and I've never gotten stuck.

Never gotten to skull woods (I've only completed the first 2 dungeons in Alttp) I LOVED it in stone tower temple, because it was INTENTIONAL it was clever, and it remains one of my favorite dungeons. It also told you that you needed to leave the dungeon. It was completely unintentional in OOT and it blew. As for the second part of your post, I had used every key already except the one in the central pillar, which I needed to get the boss key. Besides that, you had to redo the dungeon if you missed a key, which was so tedious and irritating, and the boots made me want to punch a hole in my wall. I think that you got lucky and had a good first experience with it. I'm sure it's a great dungeon if you don't run into one of the numerous, glaring, flaws. I really liked it until I spent hours searching for one key.

MW7

Never gotten to skull woods (I've only completed the first 2 dungeons in Alttp) I LOVED it in stone tower temple, because it was INTENTIONAL it was clever, and it remains one of my favorite dungeons. It also told you that you needed to leave the dungeon. It was completely unintentional in OOT and it blew. As for the second part of your post, I had used every key already except the one in the central pillar, which I needed to get the boss key. Besides that, you had to redo the dungeon if you missed a key, which was so tedious and irritating, and the boots made me want to punch a hole in my wall. I think that you got lucky and had a good first experience with it. I'm sure it's a great dungeon if you don't run into one of the numerous, glaring, flaws. I really liked it until I spent hours searching for one key.

Yes it definitely isn't intended in the Water Temple, and now that I think about it I'm still very confused as to how you reached the position you found yourself in. If you had used every key except for the one in the central pillar, then you had to have opened the door to the central pillar if the door to the boss key was still locked. There a six small keys and six small key doors so logically either (1) you had to have opened the door to the central pillar already, (2) you missed a key, or (3) you encountered a very odd glitch in which a door relocked itself or a key disappeared. There are two keys that can be first accessed while the water is at the bottom, two at the middle the first time you go through the water change, one at the top level (past the longshot and the river), and a final small key becomes available on the middle level once you have the longshot.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
I guess Nintendo is just getting better at making water temples as they go along, since TP's and SS's were pretty good, but OoT's and MM's sucked. It's just as simple as that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom