• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Water Temple

I'm in the water temple too but on master quest mode. I'm doing pretty well without a guide and master quest is harder. I say go for it and if you need help you can always refer to the guide.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I think it is definitely the hardest temple in OoT and I've always found it difficult but mainly because I've never been a fan of water dungeons. I think everyone else is right- try it yourself but use a guide if you need to because it's not easy. I think Great Bay Temple is in many ways harder, and the miniboss is one to watch out for but the main boss is stupidly easy to beat.

I'm in the water temple too but on master quest mode. I'm doing pretty well without a guide and master quest is harder. I say go for it and if you need help you can always refer to the guide.

The Water Temple barely changes between normal mode and Masterquest. I think, really, the real difference in difficulty between versions is the N64 version and the 3DS version. The 3DS version has colour coded doors, which makes things a hell of a lot easier to keep track of.

I don't know why and I have very little to back this up other than my own opinion but I've always found that water dungeons/temples were the most difficult in whatever game they were in. For some odd reason it seems that all the truly evil game design goes into that particular dungeon. Once, you get passed it, you can get through the rest of the game no problem.

I played through it the first time myself recently, to make it worse I was all, I'm gonna go through and not look at a single walkthrough. it's not as rage inducing as dungeons like Temple of Droplets or Lanayru Mining Facility, but I got pretty irritated and was stuck on it for a couple of weeks before I finally got out. So its fairly annoying, (couldn't find this one stinkin key for forever)and I will be using a walkthrough next time I go through it. :s

Last edited:

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
It's like riding a bike. It's terrifying the first time, but after that, everything seems to come back to you.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Honestly it's one of my favorite dungeons of the game next to Forest Temple and Spirit Temple. It is more challenging than the others but in a different way.

For me, the trick to bettering myself in the temple (the first time took me forever but I did it) is memory. When you're traveling through the temple you need to memorize the layout and most importantly remember exactly which corridors or rooms you haven't explored yet. The map helps immensely in this dungeon IMO. If you stumble upon an area that you don't have access to just yet, chances are you either need to get the longshot first (the dungeon's item) or change the water level to get there. Just try to keep it in the back of your mind the area that you will need to go back to and you'll be fine

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I've never thought of the water temple as a nightmare, that was always the forest temple for me. The only really thing that messed with me in the water temple was that little small key in the central building, which could lead to a good deal of time of running around looking for a small key if you miss it. Although other than that it's a pretty fun dungeon, would recommend trying to finish it yourself.

Fig

The Altruist
I personally believe that it was the fact that we were young when we first encountered the Water Temple from Ocarina of Time is why we consider it one of the hardest dungeons to explore as we weren't fully aware of the mechanics and hidden secrets that the dungeon had in store for us. Looking back, the Water Temple isn't really that difficult and it is actually pretty doable without the need of a walkthrough or guide (although feel free to use the walkthrough that Zelda Dungeon provides right here if you ever feel like you still need some help). One piece of advice that I would like to hand out is simply make sure you keep track of where you have been and keep checking your map from time to avoid reentering an area that you already have gone through. I'm not sure which version of Ocarina of Time you are playing, but if you are playing the 3DS version it should be a bit easier as you don't have to pause to view the map and switching items is a cinch as once again, you don't have to go through the trouble to constantly pause the game to switch between items or to look at your map.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom