• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

TPHD-Wii U Was TP HD in need for a remake for the wii u?

Was a TP HD remake needed?

• Yes

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • No

Votes: 20 60.6%

• Total voters
I personally thought it was a little odd that they were remaking it only 10 years after it came out and one console later. Going back to the original game the graphics are very bad, so the increased texture resolution was very nice. However, I felt that the remake could have been so much better. The lighting engine could have been made in a way to really take advantage of the "twilight" setting and it didn't seem like the model resolution increased very much, so the models were still pretty chunky. I also feel like a few more "extras" could have been added, but the ones they did add (Hero Mode, Cave of Shadows, Miiverse Stamps) were still pretty good.

Monja Elisa

Hyrulean Princess
to be honest, no.
in my opinion I already thought twilight princess was perfect on gamecube... it already then had first place for me in favorite zelda games by graphics....
and even today, I dont mind the remake... I even have it.... however I do prefere the original.
twilight princess HD is beautiful, but as is the original in my eyes! <3

I never played the original on the Gamecube or Wii, so I appreciated the fact that I could play it for the first time in HD. However, because its pales in comparison to the graphical overhaul of Wind Waker to its HD counterpart, I do not believe it was necessary. I do believe that a Skyward Sword remake that eliminates motion controls is necessary though.

Amy Lu Minati

The Triangle conspiracy
YES YES YES! I didn't care that much about the graphics, but they fixed so many problems!

I didn't buy it, but it was probably necessary.

I recently got back into Zelda after falling away with the SNES. I've had to look around to collect the games I've missed. From what I'd read, it seemed the GameCube version of TP was the superior version, so I set out to find a copy. Of all the Zelda games I had to buy physical copies of, it was by far the most expensive to acquire. We have a regular Wii, so I could play the disc. If you didn't have a Wii or GameCube you'd have to get one of those just to play it.

So, for a generation of kids who want to play TP, this remake is much easier. I had a lot of hoops to jump through to play this particular title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom