• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Was the Shadow Temple Scary when You First Played Through OoT?

YoshiFlame

Businessman of Legend
I admit that until recently, I never got very far in OoT. Because of this, I didn't find it as scary as I heard it was. As for the Wall Masters, I wasn't afraid of them in this dungeon because I knew when they were coming, thanks to Navi's comment. They surprised in the Forest Temple on the other hand, because I had no idea what Navi was talking about at the time.

ShaneOMac713

The Seal has been Broken
I wasn't scared when I first played in the Shadow Temple even though I was 5 but I did have a hard time and I still have a hard time in it

Last edited:

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
The first time, it just creeped the heck out of me.

But soon I got used to the deadly traps, the living dead, the infinite abyss, the boat of seemingly doom, the scary illusions, the voices that appear if you don't have the Lens of Truth and Bongo Bongo. I found it fun to smash them and kill them, but I also found the Wall Masters And FloorMasters QUITE annoying.

I used to always play LOZ at my uncle's house, i was around 6 or 7, as an unexpecting child I made it through until i was grabbed by the ceiling hand things, I was EXTREMELY freaked out.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I was 14 when I first played it, so no, I didn't find it "scary", but it did have a creepy feeling to it. Like the well it was dark and dreary, things came around the corner at full speed, if you weren't careful you could suddenly fall through holes in the floor.

ETA: Talicor - I can understand about the forest temple, because the hand grabbing you is creepy, but once you learn to just keep moving until the shadow stops and just wait for the hand to drop so you can kill it, it's a bit less creepy.

amaterasu

Writer
I was really young when I first played through OoT for the first time so hell yeah the Shadow Temple scared me. actually. come to think of it, that was the only thing that reallys scared me aside from ReDeads and Giboes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom