• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Was the 2014 BotW trailer NX footage?

A simple thread with a simple fact; the 2014 trailer for BotW looked fantastic and looks much better than the footage we saw at e3 2016.

Did nintendo tease us with an amazing looking trailer on an NX build and then use wiiU footage at e3 2016?

On NX do you think BotW will look more like the 2014 trailer than WiiU or are you not expecting much of an overhaul given that it has been confirmed by Aonuma that BotWNX will look better than BotWU.

I'm pretty sure they've stated there won't be any technical differences between the NX and Wii U versions. I doubt the NX was far enough in concept in 2014 to play the Zelda demo they had. It's likely that the initial reveal was a very small snippet of what the overall game would be, and in the 2 years since reveal they've made the game a lot bigger and had to cut down on the graphical fidelity of the game.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
A simple thread with a simple fact; the 2014 trailer for BotW looked fantastic and looks much better than the footage we saw at e3 2016.

Did nintendo tease us with an amazing looking trailer on an NX build and then use wiiU footage at e3 2016?

On NX do you think BotW will look more like the 2014 trailer than WiiU or are you not expecting much of an overhaul given that it has been confirmed by Aonuma that BotWNX will look better than BotWU.
I think it was Wii U footage made to look better just for the trailer. Probably didn't have the whole world loaded for it so they could create a trailer with improved visuals.

I'm pretty sure that would have been all CGI. No way that was in-game footage.I don't think the Wii U could handle that much awesomeness!!

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I'm pretty sure that would have been all CGI. No way that was in-game footage.I don't think the Wii U could handle that much awesomeness!!
Well, Capcom sometimes does similar things.
If you check out trailers from their 3DS games (Ace Attorney for example), they seem to run at higher resolutions than what the 3DS is capable of, right?
That's because they are rendering at higher resolutions, sometimes with better assets. The first trailer was more a teaser so it was okay for it to look miles better than what the game will probably look like, but I think that's basically it. I don't think it's CGI tho, it still looks very game-y.
For the record.

The Breath of the Wild footage at E3 2014 was the world running in a real game engine. They use the same artstyle, same effects, same polygons. The only difference is the resolution.

If Breath of the Wild ran at 1080p, it would look almost exactly like it did in E3 2014.

So if the NX runs breath of the Wild at 1080p, it will look just like the ones at E3 2014.

Also:

We need to remember as well. YouTube does a lot of compression on their videos as well. For games like BotW, and games like Skyrim, they get massive downgrades within YouTube's compression software.

Many outlets have stated that Breath of the Wild looks much better in person than in YouTube Videos.

Many outlets have stated that Breath of the Wild looks much better in person than in YouTube Videos.
That's the case with most things. RE: Youtube downsampling and scaling for bandwidth and server storage space reasons.

Nintendo need to host on their website some actual gameplay footage at the full resolution so we can see what it's really like. As in away from youtube's degredation of the footage. I don't care if it's footage we've seen 100x over but many of us have not seen it properly, only on youtube.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom