• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Warframe

Do you play Warframe?

• Yes

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • What is Warframe?

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • SPACE NINJAZ

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
viVMDF8.png

To anyone that knows me, when I'm not playing Zelda, some other game, or even writing a story, I'm playing this fun little MMOTPS. Some of you may have heard of Destiny, and in short, Warframe is everything Destiny is not: it has shotguns, katanas, clone armies, robots, a zombie-plant plague, and most importantly, space ninjas.

The basic premise of the game is as follows:

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you.

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

Warframe is available for direct download, through Steam, as well as on Xbox One* and PS4*. Although the game itself is still considered in open beta, it is completely free to play. In my personal opinion, the game is best played with a group of friends.

Did I mention it has this guy?

latest

You can't go wrong with Overly Dramatic Space Fop. Maybe.

This video is a bit out of date, but it demonstrates how the basic gameplay works. There are several mission types available; the one shown in the video is Exterminate. There is also the following:

1. Survival — distract the enemy while fighting for air supply.
  2. Excavation — defend an excavator from enemy forces while it mines for resources.
  3. Sabotage — destroy the reactor powering the ship or facility, depending on the tileset.
  4. Interception — capture and hold radio towers while the Lotus decodes an enemy transmission.
  5. Capture — find and capture a specific enemy in the level before they escape.
  6. Spy — steal artifacts from heavily booby-trapped vaults.
  7. Assassination — kill a boss.
Different areas of the game will also do different variations of these mission types, but otherwise they all more or less function as described above.

That's pretty much it. Hope to see some ZD Tenno sometime!

*The only downside is that there is no cross-platform play. It's something that makes very little sense with regards to the console versions of Warframe, but the reasoning behind with the PC version is because the PC version does not have to go through the certification process the console versions do, so the console versions do not have the latest updates.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Yes I downloaded Warframe when I was looking at good free titles on the Xbox One. It reminds me a bit of Metal Gear Rising.

I like what I have played of the game and I'll be visiting it again in the future.

Yes I downloaded Warframe when I was looking at good free titles on the Xbox One. It reminds me a bit of Metal Gear Rising.

I like what I have played of the game and I'll be visiting it again in the future.

The game has come a long way since the early Closed Beta days. While the game is still buggy in places, Digital Extremes is usually pretty good about patching out bugs in a timely manner, although it depends on how game-breaking the bug itself is.

Something I forgot to mention in the OP, by the way, is that kind of like how in games like WoW you have different character classes like Druid or Paladin, the Warframes themselves are your character classes. Kind of like League of Legends, each Warframe has four separate abilities they can use in a given mission. When you start playing the game, you are given a choice between three starter Warframes — Excalibur, Mag, and Volt.

• Excalibur is the main poster child of the game, and he favors a balance between offense and defense. Also, his ultimate is really OP right now.
  • Mag, as her name indicates, utilizes magnetism to control crowds of enemies.
  • Volt is like Mag in the sense that he is also a caster type, but he favors using speed and mobility to get around the level.

It looks a little bland to me, but I'm grateful you took the time to show us.

I can see why you might feel that way. As much as I like the game, I don't think this is for everyone. While Warframe is nowhere near as grindy as Destiny is, there are parts of the game that do rely on copious amounts of RNG, such as rewards from doing Assassination missions and anything related to the Orokin Void/Derelict. I know when I originally tried the game back in 2012, I thought it was very bland myself, but I revisited the game back in 2014 and I've been hooked every since, so hey, you never know!

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
I downloaded Warframe, and got really confused playing it. I didn't understand where to go and what to do. I uninstalled it, but if it's worth trying again, I may download it and try it once more.

I downloaded Warframe, and got really confused playing it. I didn't understand where to go and what to do. I uninstalled it, but if it's worth trying again, I may download it and try it once more.

I admit, the mini-map in the upper right corner can be really confusing sometimes. Basically, that's the part of your screen that shows you where your mission objectives are. There is also a marker on the screen that shows you where stuff is, but it doesn't always make it obvious.

Aside from that, what were you confused on?

PS: If you ever want help with the game, let me know. I've been playing for a couple of years now, so I know the ins and outs of the game pretty well.

Last edited:

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
I admit, the mini-map in the upper right corner can be really confusing sometimes. Basically, that's the part of your screen that shows you where your mission objectives are. There is also a marker on the screen that shows you where stuff is, but it doesn't always make it obvious.

Aside from that, what were you confused on?

PS: If you ever want help with the game, let me know. I've been playing for a couple of years now, so I know the ins and outs of the game pretty well.
I just didn't understand exactly where to go or what to do. I ended up going to some hub city or something, but I got lost, and the game ended up glitching to the point where my camera was stuck in one place, and I was walking around off view. Also, I wasn't too happy that there was a lot of micro transactions pretty much everywhere, for weapons and stuff. I'll probably give it another try sooner or later, but I'm into playing Fallout 4 right now.

I just didn't understand exactly where to go or what to do. I ended up going to some hub city or something, but I got lost, and the game ended up glitching to the point where my camera was stuck in one place, and I was walking around off view. Also, I wasn't too happy that there was a lot of micro transactions pretty much everywhere, for weapons and stuff. I'll probably give it another try sooner or later, but I'm into playing Fallout 4 right now.

The market is a bit misleading about that, yes, but in actuality, you do not have to pay money to get every weapon in the game. This applies to Warframes and other items as well. If you go into the Market and look for blueprints, you can purchase blueprints for some weapons and Warframes. That said, there are some exceptions; not all blueprints can be gotten from the Market. Some weapons and 'frames are Clan-exclusive (they're the equivalent of guilds) or event-exclusive. The latter is really dumb about the game, I'll admit, but I thought I'd point that out. If you feel Warframe isn't for you, then no worries :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom