• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Virtual reality a southern's thread.

Dan

Greetings Zelda Dungeon, as many of you may know reality isn't always a fun place to be in. Reality has a set of physical and mental rules that aren't easy to change. I couldn't run around Africa naked in front of a bunch of lions or starving African children without getting eaten alive. Now more than ever however that very possibility may come closer to me through the power of virtual reality.

oculusrift_crescentbay_connect_demo-650-80.jpg

This one contains a naughty word so if you're under the age of 4 please don't look.

microsoft-hololens.jpg
[/spoiler

I put this thread in here so it can be a very open discussion that isn't limiting virtual reality to just gaming. I want to hear your ideas what we can do with virtual reality, and why you are or aren't looking forward to it.

I hope you enjoy the discussion. :)

Last edited:
I personally don't think virtual reality will ever become the big, mass marketed driven thing it's made out to be in stuff like SOA and Tron, solely because I just don't think companies will ever be able to overcome the motion sickness aspect that OR is famous for at the 20 minute mark.

I think augmented reality (AR) will be the future of technology. You already have the Google Glass in Stage 2 of experimentation, and game goggles were developed in I believe Sweden or Switzerland for skiing.

Reactions: Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom