• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link to the Past Virtual Console

The Omni Triforcer

Hero Of Time And Space
Do u think a link to the past will ever be released on the 3ds virtual console i hope they do because the new one is coming out for 3ds and people might wanna see the original story

Solsetur

*shot*
With the release of OoX, MC and ALttP are really the only Zelda games that have not had a (recent) port. So yes, I think that ALttP will eventually be released on the VC. Nintendo won't be able to resist the money, haha.

When, though? I'm not too sure. If I were Nintendo, I would have it released shortly before/after the release of ALttP 2, but it could be years down the road still. Who knows?

Keeseman

Smash is Life
I'd say there's a 60-70% chance. aLttP was redone for the GBA, which wasn't all that long ago. However, I would probably buy the crap out of aLttP on the VC anyway, just because I adore that game. And my GBA version is broken... :(

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I think it's only logical that the at some point release A Link to the Past on the E-Shop, I mean it's on the Wii's VC so it only makes sense to release the original on a handheld console since they did the same with the initial remake for GBA.

MW7

That would make a ton of sense, but Nintendo is the same company that decided to remake A Link to the Past because Miyamoto thought it would be interesting. Meanwhile a remake of Majora's Mask is being neglected despite 50,000 fan signatures on a petition requesting it. So yes they should release it, and it would make perfect sense to do so now. However, Nintendo ignores conventional wisdom fairly often, and at this point I'd expect A Link to the Past to be released eventually but probably at some random time in the future after ALTTP 2 is released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom