• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Villain(s)

onebizarrekai

gay energy
Who would you like the villains to be in this game?

To be honest, I think it would be incredibly interesting to have Dark Link as an actual villain, one who talks, and is relavent to plot. With him throughout the game, mocking that you that your own shadow is better than you, all that.

He could either be serving whoever the main villain will be, or randomly turn against them and end up being the final boss, or something like that.

I'm not very good at explaining things ._.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
To be perfectly frank, I want Qannon to be the main villain. I'm tired of these spin-off lulzy experimental villains like Demeyes, Qhirahim, et cetera. Just give me a solid villain. Heck, the way I'm seeing it, ZeldaU is that next qeneration, leqendary title a la Ocarina of Time so it'd be perfectly fit to have Qannon as the villain.

BlitzPlum

That 3D Guy
I think Ganondorf is a good option, he's the staple enemy of the series. It wouldn't be a bad thing if they introduced another new villain, just as long as they made them relevant to the story and not shoehorned in during the last 20 minutes of the game. Thinking about it... That was Ganondorf in Twilight Princess... Oops...

Big Octo

=^)
I think it's about time Ganondorf makes a return in a new game. He's my favorite villain, I wouldn't want to wait longer for his return if he isn't in Zelda U. If he's worked in with the plot correctly and foreshadowed rather than tagged on, he would fair very well. Link is due for another final confrontation with him.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
If between OoT and TP, I'd go with Shadow Link (I mean, if this game does involve the Interlopers, especially if it takes place between OoT and TP, gotta have Shadow Link in there, right? I mean he is the leader of the Interlopers after all, right...right, right?) cause of that one cutscene that was in TP with the Dark/Shadow Links. So I think it could be focused on what Lanayru was talking to Link about the Dark Interlopers and they're invasion on Hyrule that must've taken place between OoT and TP in TP Link's ancestor's (not the Hero's Shade/Hero of Time, a different Link, another descendant of the Hero of Time and another ancestor to TP Link) time.

Not to sound unoriginal, but yes, I want Ganon to be the villain of Zelda U, both in human and beast form. The last game we saw Ganon in (not counting ports and remakes) was Twilight Princess, already seven years ago. Assuming Zelda U is released in 2014 (which is probably too early), it'll be a whopping eight years. The previous longest time without a full appearance was seven years between A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time (six if you go by international releases), and that was during the infamous Zelda drought. Ganon's a cool guy. He's intimidating. He's basically everything a Zelda villain needs.

Should they use Ganon, I have a few suggestions.

#1: Make him active in the plot. Don't make him a background influence that must be killed at the end or someone who just shows up once or twice to present an excuse for more dungeons. Make him kill. Make him destroy. Give Link a personal, visual reason to kill that man.

#2: Don't shoehorn beast Ganon in. The original beast Ganon was clearly intelligent and capable of speech. Let's see him use that stuff in the next encounter.

#3: Showcase his relationships with others. Is Ganon also the nemesis of another feared dark lord? How does he treat the oppressed townsfolk on a daily basis? Any (dare I say it) love interests? I want to see how this man operates, what he thinks and feels. The Wind Waker opened the door a creak. Zelda U is the perfect time to fling it wide.

#4: Reveal more of his past and ambitions. Again, The Wind Waker started to do this. Let's have Zelda U complete that process by showing us how the Gerudo viewed him or what rival thieves thought of him. Do we need some obligatory "Look, it's baby Ganondorf!" appearance? No, not necessarily, but I'd like to know more about who Link's supposed to be killing.

Assuming Ganon is not the main antagonist (and he very well may not be), I think Link should go up against a force, not just an evil person. Giygas from Earthbound is something of an example. Giygas used to be a person - now he's a nightmare-inducing force of evil. Perhaps Link could race against time to save the world from an otherworldly force of darkness. This would be something new and refreshing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom