• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 64!

Which kind of music do you like best in the Zelda series?

• The 8 and 16 bit music

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The midi music

• The orchestrated music

• I don't like Zelda music

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's winner: I got one of the games as a gift/present, but didn't know anything about it (46.67%)
This week's question: Which kind of music do you like the best in the Zelda series?

The 8 and 16 bit music
The midi music
The orchestrated music
I don't like Zelda music

Salem

SICK
8/16-bit music, although leaning more towards 16-bit due to it's potential diversity in sound.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
MIDI wins because the orchestrated fronts haven't been memorable for me. Orchestrated COULD'VE won if it was catchier.

onebizarrekai

gay energy
Orchestrated! It adds so much feeling to the game, the be honest. It doesn't even need to be dramatic in any sort of way, but I feel like it's Zelda's thing to make wonderful orchestrated music. (Being a person who adores music…)

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I like all of them. The all have their own atmosphere and bring mood to the game.

I'm voting 8 and 16 bit though, because they are more catchy.

I care more about the actual music then if it's 8/16 bit, MIDI, or orchestraded. I'd much rather listen to a "good" 8 bit song then a "bad" orchestrated song.

Besides, MIDI has come a long way. At least if you actually use samples and not General MIDI or something like that...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUP4Q8ZuV4E

Also, I really think it would be better if the 4th option was "I don't care" instead of "I don't like Zelda music".

Salem

SICK
MIDI wins because the orchestrated fronts haven't been memorable for me. Orchestrated COULD'VE won if it was catchier.
It probably depends more on the MUSICIAN than the music itself, I mean Koji Kondo made only one song for SS and it's the intro song you hear before the title screen, and it's one of the catchiest themes in the entire game.;)

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I honestly can't pick. WAY WAY too hard of a choice.

I love the 8 and 16-bit music it the pangs of the songs really help to make them catchy and memorable, it just feels great listening to them.

MIDI is fantastic and incredibly diverse, they can do anything with MIDI

Orchestrated has the most potential I'd say because it gives the feeling of being totally natural. It's harder to make these songs catchy though

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I grew up with the MIDI music and I still find the MIDI songs to be more catchy. Sure, the orchestrated is great and sounds beautiful, but it doesn't get as catchy as MIDI or 8-16 Bit.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I say orchestrated.

If this was a contest on which music is catchier, then MIDI would win hands down. However, ot os mpt/ The question clearly states which kind of music you like best. And, as a musician, I have to say that cathy does not always mean better. Nothing beats real instruments in my books, no matter how good the music is. Skyward Sword's soundtrack gives me a sense of emotion that I don't get from any of the other soundtracks, and this is because it is real. I would much rather listen to a slow, 3 hour symphony than any MIDI oriented music. Live orchestrations are just so much more impressive and have a much grander sound than the MIDIs, and I think it fits the series better. Now don't get me wrong, as I love MIDI music as well; there's just nothing quite like listening to real instruments in the background of one of my favourite games.

So basically: Orchestrated > MIDI.

Don't think I excluded the music from the 8/16 bit eras. They are MIDIs as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom