• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda VikzeLinks Weekly Sunday Poll 61!

When playing a Zelda game, how much exploration do you do on your own?

• Look through every little pixel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Check around me if there is anything I can see

• Not actively looking, but if I see something, I go there

• Nothing can keep me from the main quest

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Salem

SICK
Quite the opposite. In SM64 and the BK series, linearity WAS the main quest rather than just a barrier. SM64 is one of the most non-linear games out there and BK is far less linear than Zelda.
BK less linear? I don't remember much about B2, but in the original BK, you need to visit every single course and get 94% of the jigsaw pieces before you're allowed to fight Gruntilda, if anything, BK is as linear as Zelda games newer than MM..... and don't get in that debate please....

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
@Sroa Link

^////^ Sorry when I first made that post, half of it got cut off, so I quickly editted it while my mind was scrambled. I meant "exploration". It's fixed now.

Salem

SICK
@Sroa Link

^////^ Sorry when I first made that post, half of it got cut off, so I quickly editted it while my mind was scrambled. I meant "exploration". It's fixed now.
Ahhhh, lol?

My point about BK still stands though.

Also, I think the Wii U Zelda needs to be influenced by SM64, I would love to see Zelda take on that style of non-linearity.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
@Sroa Link

More linear than SM64 and BT, yes...but you can do jiggies in a different order and there's very little to suggest you do otherwise or prohibit you aside from course order.

Last edited:

Salem

SICK
@Sroa Link

Less linear than SM64 and BT, yes...but you can do jiggies in a different order and there's very little to suggest you do otherwise or prohibit you aside from course order.
Don't you mean more linear?In other words, BK is more like the old Zelda games....

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I try to explore everything, but if too long time goes by without finding anything I get bored. THen I'll just come back later when I feel like it

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
I like exploring tbh. I take my time to play games and I like to relax and see through things. I don't go out exploring in a field of grass though, unless I see something. I tend to explore around in towns. I go inside every building and look around. Not to find anything. But to actually see the place. It may sound strange. Like Twilight Princess was fun to look around in. When I went to Hyrule Castle Square, I tried to go into every building I could to see what was in there. But I don't go out of my way to explore. If I'm busy doing something fighting, I won't stop and wonder what is behind that tree. But I try to explore more and more. Especially if I'm waiting for night to come (for Poe Souls). I look around and find cool things, and beautiful sceneries.

Mido

Version 1
I like exploring tbh. I take my time to play games and I like to relax and see through things. I don't go out exploring in a field of grass though, unless I see something. I tend to explore around in towns. I go inside every building and look around. Not to find anything. But to actually see the place. It may sound strange. Like Twilight Princess was fun to look around in. When I went to Hyrule Castle Square, I tried to go into every building I could to see what was in there. But I don't go out of my way to explore. If I'm busy doing something fighting, I won't stop and wonder what is behind that tree. But I try to explore more and more. Especially if I'm waiting for night to come (for Poe Souls). I look around and find cool things, and beautiful sceneries.

Annie pretty much sums up my method of roundabout Zelda play. I could be called the Dora the Explorer of exploration fun.

The Wind Waker was the game where I felt the exploration factor of where I stand really came to life. I wanted to explore every part of the vast ocean in which each personified island resided. Windfall Island was my favorite to explore. I wanted to know what each person was like, so I got into their business, and was able to experience among the best of sidequests I've ever experienced. I went into each building, admiring every ounce of architecture and the respective majesties of each building, such as the Auction/Maggie's house and the bomb shop.

All in all, I really l immerse myself into yhe Zelda games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom