• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 438!

Which Hyrule Castle is your favorite?

• Hyrule Castle from ALttP

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Hyrule Castle from OoT

• Hyrule Castle from WW

• Hyrule Castle from FSA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hyrule Castle from MC

• Hyrule Castle from TP

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Hyrule Castle from ST

• Hyrule Castle from ALBW

• Hyrule Castle from BotW

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's Question: Which game has your favorite design and function of the boomerang? (Not counting the ones from BotW, they're just not the same...)

Third Place: LA/OoS/OoA (7.7%)
Second Place: Draw between "TP" and "PH/ST" (23.1% each)
First Place: WW (46.2%)

Wind Waker wins another poll! Many good arguments were made for the boomerang from PH/ST, but in the end WW took first place!

This week's question: Which Hyrule Castle is your favorite?

Hyrule Castle from ALttP
Hyrule Castle from OoT
Hyrule Castle from WW
Hyrule Castle from FSA
Hyrule Castle from MC
Hyrule Castle from TP
Hyrule Castle from ST
Hyrule Castle from ALBW
Hyrule Castle from BotW

It's a toss up between LTTP and BOTW for me but I have gone with LTTP. Both the opening infiltration sequence and the second visit are both highlights of the pacing to me. For the first visit, you run out into the stormy night to rescue Princess Zelda from the deepest parts of the castle including navigating the sewer system, and the second has you rushing through hordes of soldiers with your newly acquired Master Sword to ascend to the top of the castle. Both are excellent moments and they perfectly set the tone of the game. The Hyrule Castle tune from LTTP is easily my personal favorite too.

I had a hard time choosing between Ocarina of Time (Ganon's Tower) and The Minish Cap's Dark Hyrule Castle. Ocarina of Time is overall a better finale and a better experience, but I also think that Dark Hyrule Castle is one of the absolute best dungeons in the series. I ended up choosing Ganon's Tower from OoT for the final ascent to the throne room, the spiral staircase, the musical crescendo of Ganon's organ, and the beautiful stained glass windows projecting an eery light onto the scene. Gaming perfection.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
BotW because you can explore everything. Even Zelda's lab and room till the guards towers. It gives you an impression how big it actually is. OoT is close sec because of the nostalgic feeling when you climb up the stairs and G- dorf plays the organs. The higher you climb the louder the music. Nothing can beat that feeling. But BotW has my fav version of Hyrule Castle

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I actually really like it how it was in the Minish Cap. It was large with many rooms (ok, not actual room rooms, more like "what if hallways were rooms" rooms) and was also a great final dungeon of the game!

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
BotW, easily. It's the only one that truly captures the scale and realism of a majestic castle on a hill, and the amount of stuff to do in it is fantastic; from its own shrine (a major combat shrine, no less) to its selection of difficult high tier enemies and a massive network of underground tunnels with tons of things to explore and find, it's a near-perfect dungeon. Short on puzzles, but BotW as a whole is not lacking in that department what with the shrines and divine beasts, and it wouldn't make sense in a castle anyway. It's a dungeon that focuses on exploration and combat, which are two things BotW does well.

I also love how you can choose how you go through it. Whether you wish to explore the inside and find everything there is to find, take the guardian infested outer road, or take a stealthier approach and simply climb your way to Ganon, it's an excellent dungeon with great atmosphere and music, difficult enemies, and tons to do and explore. Flawed as BotW is in many ways, its final dungeon (and arguably its only true dungeon) does not disappoint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom