• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 431!

What is your favorite Miniboss Music? - Part 2

• Middle Boss Battle (OoT)

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Miniboss Battle (OoS/OoA)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Phantom Ganon (WW)

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Ook (TP)

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Twilit Bloat (TP)

• Death Sword/Phantom Zant (TP)

• Stalfos (SS)

• LD-002G Scervo (SS)

• Hinox Battle (TFH)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's Question: Which kind of music do you like the best in the Zelda series?

Third Place: The Orchestrated Music (15.4%)
Second Place: I Can't Choose! (30.8%)
First Place: The Midi Music (53.8%)

Since last time, Midi has risen again, while orchestrated has had to take a step back. Maybe it's because it's been longer since SS? And 8-16-bit got no votes at all this time, but that might have something to do with the new, rather popular, "I can't choose" answer.

This week's question: What is your favorite Miniboss Music? - Part 2

Middle Boss Battle (OoT)
Miniboss Battle (OoS/OoA)
Phantom Ganon (WW)
Ook (TP)
Twilit Bloat (TP)
Death Sword/Phantom Zant (TP)
Stalfos (SS)
LD-002G Scervo (SS)
Hinox Battle (TFH)

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Kinda sucks i can't just pick any of the TP ones they were awesome, so i went with Ook, he's a fun lil fight that don't take itself seriously and it's reflected in the music.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Gotta go with Phantom Ganon for this one. I love how it utilizes elements from three different Ganon themes (Zelda 1, A Link to the Past, and Ocarina of Time) while standing out and arguably being better than The Wind Waker's main miniboss theme (though I think the main one is still my favourite miniboss theme in the series). The synths really make the fight feel like something otherworldly, like we're fighting some supernatural being, which Phantom Ganon technically is.

Additionally, and this is something I love about The Wind Waker's soundtrack as a whole though it's really on display here, is how the music interacts with the combat. The way the music changes and speeds up as you throw the electrical tennis ball back and forth is really cool and done super well, though like I said that's something the game in general does wonderfully at.

Reactions: Pen

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
This is one of those times when I'll vote for the option from TFH. The Hinox battle music is just great, and just as those battles begin, it sorta looks like the Hinoxes are the ones singing XD

Reactions: Pen

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom