• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 182!

The DS-Zeldas both use recurring dungeons. Most people seems to loathe these, but what do you think?

• I really liked them

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • One of them was good, but not the other one (which one?)

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • I liked the idea, but not the execution

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • I was indifferent to them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I DO loathe them!

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's winners:
Last week's Question: Are you hoping for any Zelda-related presents this christmas/other holiday?

Third Place: Draw between "Yea, some other type of merch" and "Maybe" (15.4% each)
Second Place: Yea, a game (23.1%)
First Place: No, I have everything Zelda that I want for the moment (46.2%)

Last weekly poll of this year!

This week's question: The DS-Zeldas both use "recurring" dungeons (temple of the ocean king, tower of spirits). Most people seems to loathe these, but what do you think?

I really liked them
One of them was good, but not the other one (which one?)
I liked the idea, but not the execution
I was indifferent to them
I DO loathe them!

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I can say with utmost certainty that I hated the Temple of the Ocean King. It is the worst thing to exist in the series at all. I know Nintendo tried to make each visit different by allowing you to use items to go by faster, but it still was just awful. I dreaded every part of it.

On the other hand, I really liked Spirit Track's counterpart, Tower of Spirits. A) It's not the same section each time and :cool: Phantom Zelda's mechanic was pretty cool and each floor managed to bring something new to the puzzle.

Having not played Spirit Tracks, I can say that I enjoyed the idea of the Temple of the Ocean King, not as much the execution. It wasn't a bad dungeon, I kinda liked how each visit was different because of new items and each floor was usually based on the dungeon you visited recently. But, replaying each part was obnoxious, the stealth because of the Phantoms felt really unnecessary, and it just drags. I hear the Tower of Spirits was much better because of checkpoints and just being a more fun dungeon, but I will keep my bad memories of the TOtOK in my mind.

I also won't be replaying PH any time soon, since the cartridge I used was not mine and I already gave it back. So my thoughts on PH as a game, let alone the TOtOK, will not be changing any time soon.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
It's a really cool concept and it helps build tension as you progress through the game (as long as the difficulty increases a reasonable amount upon each return).

I enjoy Tower of Spirits, and the main problem that Temple of the Ocean King had that was fixed by ToS was not having to repeat areas you've already completed previously. I haven't played PH in quite a while so my memory on TotOK is fuzzy, but I do remember how daunting of a task it was to return there just out of tediousness

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom