• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Oracle Of Seasons/Ages VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 104!

How would you like it if Nintendo tried something like the Oracle games again?

• AWESOME!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nice

• Ok, I guess

• Nah

• Please God NO!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's winners:

Third Place: Nothing
Second Place: No, they are perfectly fine as they are (21.05%)
First Place: Yes, the bosses are too easy (78.95% each)

This week's question: How would you like it if Nintendo tried something like the Oracle games again?

AWESOME!
Nice
Ok, I guess
Nah
Please God NO!

MW7

I said awesome because it would mean Nintendo could release games more efficiently. The Oracle games share a lot of development work in common which shows in the graphics and gameplay (similar to OoT and MM). However, the actual content is entirely different. I have always wondered how much time is spent just building the more superficial parts of the game such as graphics. I'd be happy if Nintendo recycled more of their work from older games in order to release new games faster. The way the Oracle games did it is great too because then nothing is technically reused from older games since the set of games would be released at the same time. Another way of looking at it is how much gameplay time can be added by just switching a few things up such as in the second quest of LoZ. I love the Oracle concept because it means more Zelda content faster. I don't think Zelda should go the route of Call of Duty or any sports game by releasing essentially the same game every year with content changes, but they should seek more of a middle ground than their current approach of "We just spent half a decade making Twilight Princess to universal acclaim so let's scrap everything and start from scratch to make Skyward Sword." I want to see more things like Majora's Mask, second quests that actually change content, and the Oracle games. Wind Waker HD was cool as well but for me it's almost entirely because of the gameplay/core content changes rather than the graphical changes.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Well I didn't like the way the oracle games used the linking thing only because I though the whole process of trading secrets was kind of dull and unnecessary. But I like the idea of the plot being effected by a linked game like in the oracle games, that was pretty cool

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I'd be happy if Nintendo recycled more of their work from older games in order to release new games faster.

I would be totally okay with it if they did that. Majora's Mask is my favorite game and I have no problem with it having slightly updated OOT graphics. As long as Nintendo has ideas, they should use them!

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I would love it if they did something like this! The Oracles are among my favourite games in the series, and that is partially because they're linked. Indeed, the whole link feature (lol Link) could have been handled better, but with a platform like the 3DS or Wii U, it would be easier to do; hell, they could even use Wi-Fi to link the games. Linking the game with its parter game in order to change the story, hell ya!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom