• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Video Games That Require the Most Thought?

Shikenshu

Hero of CEGEP
Solo, I say RTS and RPG (not every RPG)

Multiplayer, Fighting games at a competitive level. You need to remember every matchup, every combos, every mixup, etc... while analyzing an opponent that you don't know, you must synchronize him and on top of that, you need to change your style and actively think about his plan to make sure that you're the one in control. It's a psychological warfare, like pro chess and such, but at the same time, you need heavy execution skills to win.

MW7

The Hitman series can involve much thinking, but technically it's not required because you can just kill everyone. However to get the best ratings it does require thinking (not in all cases but often). I remember setting up some elaborate series of distractions to beat some levels. Watching elite players in Absolution I was just in awe at how much thought went into some actions. I saw one level in which the player literally had to do throw six or seven things in a specific order at precise targets in order to distract the NPCs enough to move safely through an area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom