• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Variety of Weapons

Maybe its just me but in Skyward Sword or any future Zelda's i would like to see more weapons like in Fable or something i mean not like iron, steel and stuff but more than just a starter sword and the master sword.

They sort of did that in Majoras but they overtook the other so you have had 3 but could only use 1 but their is not enough variety.

I'm not saying it will make the game better but it would be nice to see what it would be like and maybe it will work maybe it won't.

Eskhandar

or khan he?
How about swords that each have their own style of fighting or purpose so we aren't stuck using one sword for everything... That'd really put in some variety.

How about swords that each have their own style of fighting or purpose so we aren't stuck using one sword for everything... That'd really put in some variety.
THat is what I said they likely would not do... They are not going to make a whole new style of Wii Motion programing just to add a extra weapon that will likely replace the other or vice verca.

@Con-man Dual Blading would be awsome, but does the Nunchuck get upgraded motion controls with the WM+, or is it just the actual Wiimote?

cmeks

A lonely wanderer
considering the nunchuk isnt as motion sensitive as the wiimote we wont be having dual wielding with link yet for a loooong time.

Eskhandar

or khan he?
THat is what I said they likely would not do... They are not going to make a whole new style of Wii Motion programing just to add a extra weapon that will likely replace the other or vice verca.

Well i don't think just adding a sword that was like the Biggoron's sword AT LEAST would not be too hard... It could still swing the same... albeit at a slower pace.

Well i don't think just adding a sword that was like the Biggoron's sword AT LEAST would not be too hard... It could still swing the same... albeit at a slower pace.
Now that seems possible. What I ment is, they will not create an entirly new way of swinging a heavier sword. I mean, they had to ask Wii Sports Resort just to get their Master Sword motion controls.

Linebeck1000

Legendary Captain
Dual-wielding wouldn't work, because the WMP doesn't go over to the nunchuck. A two-handed sword like the Biggoron Sword could work though, I think. Nintendo could make it work.

As far as variety of weapons, I'd like to have one "main" sword (the master/skyward sword) that can be optionally tempered or upgraded a few times by completing sidequests, like in aLttP and MM etc. And another optional two handed sword like the Biggoron and Great Fairy Sword. I think that's as many swords as we need.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I found TP was lacking in this way, so I would like Skyward Sword to have quite a few more items. It would be neat if from a selection screen you could assign weapons and items to the wheel of equipped items and potions. In fact im sure thats what they might do or else their gunna have to make a really big wheel or lots of really little item icons.... personally I prefer the selection screen. They did say they wanted to streamline the action, and that's still possible but I would like to be able to pick my weapons before I go into battle, and organize the wheel so that I know exactly what's all there. Also as for equipment I'd like the clothing to be very accessable as well. changing boots on the fly and things like gauntlets and bracelets, rings and tunic. all that stuff. the item selection has been changing but mostly the items stay the same. This time I'd like to see some brand new items, and a variety of spells as well, that would be nice... Link proves his magical powers in OoT and MM, and also in ALttP there are quite a few Link's who can wield strong magic and I would like to see a return of strong spells, it adds some depth and mystery to Link's character and creates a more diverse selection screen.

I want variety, but thats probably not going to happen due to the Wii motion plus. I think that Nintendo will probably limit the number of weapons/items because they don't want to confuse people over the whole motion thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom