• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Vague Reveal of New Races in the SS Intro!

just look at this video which im sure alot of you have seen already http://www.zeldainformer.com/2011/09/skyward-sword-spanish-intro-sequence.html

stop at 1:50. we clearly have a goron a mogma and one of the little penguin guys.

I believe this tells us two things. There are no zoras in SS(maybe) and the other two shapes represent other races in the game.

One looks like an umbrealla. the other looks like a monkey or something like that

Now speculate. do you think i am way off. what do you think these new races could be!?

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
I caught that too. XD Here's a picture for reference:

Chuuuu.jpg

The race on the far right is a Mogma. I'm guessing that the one to the Mogma's left would be a Goron. Then we have the Goddess, who is wielding what probably is her sword (the Goddess Sword that Link later obtains). She is also holding the lyre/harp, which I think Zelda later gets. To her left is the penguin guy we've seen in a few places.

Now I'm not too sure about the last two on the left. My best guess for the blue figure would be a Zora, but I don't think I'm too accurate on that one. And I'm totally lost with the one on the far left. :\

EDIT: WhiteRundas pointed out that the race on the far-left side on the image is the same as the statues in the mine cart scene from SS's E3 2011 trailer: (That was such a nice catch, by the way. :D)

Turkey.jpg
Some more pictures for reference:

Mogma.png
180px-Goron_Skyward_Sword.png
zelda-skyward-sword-comic-con-trailer.jpg

Last edited:

WhiteRundas

Ice Hunter
We already saw the race on the far left. I only say GDC 2011 Trailer. Near the end when Link is in the mine cart thing.

Sorry I mean the E3 2011 trailer.

Last edited:

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
We already saw the race on the far left. I only say GDC 2011 Trailer. Near the end when Link is in the mine cart thing.

Sorry I mean the E3 2011 trailer.

The clip that appears right before the mine cart clip showed the Mogmas. Was this the race you were talking about? The Mogma appears in the image on the far right -- which I already pointed out -- not on the far left.

EDIT: Wait, were you talking about DURING the mine cart clip? Now that you mention it, you're right! :) Those statues in that room resemble the thing on the far left... Never mind what I said earlier! Sorry! XD

Last edited:

WhiteRundas

Ice Hunter
No problem. I really like the new races. I wonder if the second from left is really a Zora. It doesn't look like it but it could be possible and I hope so.

Vibed

must read before he posts
Man, I just got home and I was gonna point that one farthest on the left the moment I saw it. :(

The last one we don't know about doesn't look like a Zora at all though. It's like a umbrella-bird crossbreed or something. Weird.

W

wiimasterplayer

to me it looks like there are three to the left of the goddess is it just me

Djinn

and Tonic
Well the two on the right are Goron and Mogmas, that is simple enough. It's the ones on the left that are a bit iffy. Clearly the immediate one to the left of the Hylian is the little penguin guy but I really wonder just what significance they will have as a tribe of Hyrule. It almost comes off as a smarter than normal animal that might be helpful to Link in some way. The umbrella thing in the middle, I don't know why but I keep thinking some kind of Deku Scrub when I look at it. It does not follow the standard scrub design but they have come in some strange shapes before, I just see that hole near the mouth on the face and then associate the umbrella with flower petals. Could be wrong though, it is abstract enough to be anything from that silhouette. That one on the far left does look exactly like the statues, and like the statues it appears to have some kind of unattached hands that hover around the body. They are possibly the most alien thing seen so far. The only things that act like that are other various statues like Gohdan or Mazaal, not really species.

The character in the middle holding up the harp is a little interesting. This makes me think that the harp seen in the inventory a couple times will definitely have a much greater purpose in the story other than magical music item for this game. Then again they most often do. The Ocarina of Time and the Wind Waker were both very important items to the royal family of Hyrule.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
The character in the middle holding up the harp is a little interesting. This makes me think that the harp seen in the inventory a couple times will definitely have a much greater purpose in the story other than magical music item for this game. Then again they most often do. The Ocarina of Time and the Wind Waker were both very important items to the royal family of Hyrule.

I'm guessing the character in the middle is the goddess, as she has a sword and a harp. The sword Link gets is known as the Goddess Sword, so that's gotta be the sword this feminine figure has. The harp is also definitely the one Zelda has, so it's gotta be more important than we thought it would be (and possibly what Ghirahim is after from Zelda).

Last edited:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I'm guessing the character in the middle is the goddess, as she has a sword and a harp. The sword Link gets is known as the Goddess Sword, so that's gotta be the sword this feminine figure has. The harp is also definitely the one Zelda has, so it's gotta be more important than we thought it would be (and possibly what Ghirahim is after from Zelda).

I thought the middle figure would be Zelda, actually, since she had the lyre. But it does make more sense for her to be a Goddess, since she's carrying the titular sword as well.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
The screen that showed the picture with the races had this text:

They desired that which the Goddess protected, ultimate power.

So I'm guessing that she's the Goddess.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I thought the middle figure would be Zelda, actually, since she had the lyre. But it does make more sense for her to be a Goddess, since she's carrying the titular sword as well.

Well, Zelda doesn't seem like someone who had previously been part of a battle from what we've seen, so I've considered that idea pretty much impossible from the start (yes, it popped into my head, lots of angles do).

man, i'm not liking this... To me this image leads to believe that these races are the "resistance" in the land below, and Link will free or lead them to fight against the forces of the Demon Lord to save their homeland. It seems like a great plot setup, but it's another great lead that there are going to be only few areas in the world below, maybe only five areas, each race will resist/fight for/area one area. Eldin -> Mogmas, Forest -> Grass Penguins, Minecart Hallway Dude -> Tech-Desert, Gorons -> ???(the weak point in my theory), Weird Umbrella Thing -> Ice/Water unrevealed area.

I think that this Umbrella Race is a Zora's pre-evolution.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom