• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Vaati?

O

Oni

I just beat MC, and thought of how cool Vaati is.
I'm hoping that after SS, Vaati will return. I'm thinking a second-to-last boss(like Zant), would be epic.
What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
I think the idea of bringing Zant back is good, but I don't want him to be a secondary villain like in Twilight Princess. I don't think he's a type of guy who would take orders and I think it would make him look bad.

If he is used again, I'd like him to just be the main villain.

zeldakid895

Zelda's Kid
No, I do not think bringing back Vaati for this game will be a good idea. I think they should have a new villain for a game like Skyward Sword. But for other games, sure, bringing back Vaati won't be a problem as long as he suits the plot properly.

Djinn

and Tonic
I think Vaati worked well for the games he appeared in. Bringing down to miniboss status would hurt the character in my opinion. He has already been established as a serious threat to Hyrule and very difficult to defeat. So having him as a miniboss in a future game would both weaken him as a major villain and weaken him as a physical threat since he would be just another monster for Link to run through on his way to the real villain of the story. Link easily defeating Vaati at the end of a random dungeon while moving on with his quest to take down the actual bad guy. I would have the same opinion of Nintendo brought back Majora or Zant and they were not the main villains of the story. I think Zant worked well until Nintendo surprised everyone with the appearance of Ganondorf.

Besides I think Minish Cap did a decent job of telling the complete Vaati story from start to finish. I cannot think of anywhere else to go with the character after the ending of that game. Although I would not mind seeing references to the character somewhere as an easter egg in a future game. Maybe a kid playing with a Vaati doll in Castletown, or a painting of Vaati on a dungeon wall somewhere. So I would like to see Vaati again. Only I am not sure just how Nintendo could do it.

MrLuigi

Theorist
I want to Ganondorf return more. Ganondorf outweighs Vaati on the cool scale.

Vaati served a good plot in Minish Cap and Four Sword's. He was great in Minish Cap, I loved him so much in it. But personally, I'm glad that Nintendo didn't use him again for any future Zelda games. I would feel like he would be a washed up character if that would happen, like Ganondorf. But that's just my opinion...

L

Lefty

Agreed. Vaati would be good in his own game, but we need a new villain for SS.

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
Vaati's beginning and supposed end have been told already, methinks. I think its fine if he doesn't appear again. Especially not as a boss. Were he to appear as an otherwise harmless NPC (a kind of precursor to what he becomes), I wouldn't mind that, much. Though I don't imagine that to be very likely.

But yeah Vaati is kinda cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom