• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Unexpected Elements?

Wait, Music related!

It will have Mettalica like music!

And furthermore, we shall have no more of that pansy "observation" and "position" to our combat - all action shall be replaced by quick-time events! That's exactly what makes for compelling adventure gameplay!

(Sarcasm, in case the reader couldn't tell.)

Salem

SICK
And furthermore, we shall have no more of that pansy "observation" and "position" to our combat - all action shall be replaced by quick-time events! That's exactly what makes for compelling adventure gameplay!

(Sarcasm, in case the reader couldn't tell.)
I hope to God that trend never comes to Nintendo games.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
The Wanderer said:
Almost certainly multiplayer. It was one of Aonuma's two big points when talking about Zelda Wii U. Zelda's dabbled in multiplayer before (Four Swords comes to mind), but the Wii U is very much a social device. Players could explore caves together, leave clues and markings for other players to find, upload images with their Pictograph Boxes, and/or challenge the ghosts of other players to complete dungeons faster. There's a whole frontier to be explored here, and to be frank, Nintendo would be insane not to try it.
I kind of agree with this statement and don't at the same time. To be honest the idea of multiplayer in Zelda certainly sounds intriguing but I just don't feel it fits. I have raised the possibility of a Co-op side mode in a thread and that was met with a lot of counter arguments and that's just how I feel Nintendo will view the situation. This kind of innovation won't frighten Nintendo as they're no stranger to switching things up, but I feel this step is a step in a direction that doesn't need to be explored. As much as it sounds great, I feel the risk isn't worth it, given the possible feedback it might receive.

However Miiverse has caught my attention recently, at this current time frame it hasn't been put into full effect but think of how it could be integrated into a Zelda game. This would keep the single player aspect but add a slight competitiveness and maybe some other aspects. Certain challenges could be set, I'm looking at MKWii here and the way that used community competitions to add to the longevity of the game. Think about how this could be used in a Zelda game -- speed runs could be somewhat of a competitive feature, it may not be direct multiplayer but it will add a whole deal, this is just one idea by the way. So I think there's a whole lot of potential with Miiverse connectivity and Nintendo would be stupid not to utilise it in some sort of fashion

Last edited:
However Miiverse has caught my attention recently, at this current time frame it hasn't been put into full effect but think of how it could be integrated into a Zelda game. This would keep the single player aspect but add a slight competitiveness and maybe some other aspects. Certain challenges could be set, I'm looking at MKWii here and the way that used community competitions to add to the longevity of the game. Think about how this could be used in a Zelda game -- speed runs could be somewhat of a competitive feature, it may not be direct multiplayer but it will add a whole deal, this is just one idea by the way. So I think there's a whole lot of potential with Miiverse connectivity and Nintendo would be stupid not to utilise it in some sort of fashion

I was thinking that too... honestly I haven't really looked into it, but I'm wondering if Nintendo will add something along the lines of "achievements" like on 360 accounts through completing sections or challenges in the game, which would go along with the competitive aspect of the online feature. These would come along when you 100% the game, complete side quests, find secrets, or add record times like you said. Multiplayer in-game would feel odd to me, but I'm not totally against it, provided that playing alone is still as fun and engaging as playing with someone else and that it doesn't detract these features from the main single-player quest.

As far as the game itself... I have no idea. It's Nintendo :) I'm thinking it's mostly some interesting gameplay with the Wii U controls. The development of character relationships is something I'm excited about seeing them do, it worked well in SS (loved Groose!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom