• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Um, Think I've Found Something Significant? Wind Waker - Skyward Sword Connection?

I was replaying WW today, and I noticed something I think is pretty interesting and has never been mentioned before. We all know the traditional symbol of Hyrule/The Royal Family is the whole bird wings w. Triforce thingy, but I saw this in Zelda's portrait in Hyrule Castle, which seems so connected to SS it's almost scary (sorry the pic is kinda small) 180px-Portrait.jpg You see just the bird wings, and no triforce, which is the basic symbol we've been seeing lately for Skyward Sword!! You can also see it on a door from SS 5842900754_deec2381a2.jpg and on the back of that important-looking guys robe from the Bird Ceremony Skyward-Sword-2011-121.jpg I've never seen this mentioned before, I think it may be significant, what could this mean??

Ice Sage

these are words
Sorry to debunk your theory, but I don't belive it holds any signi***ence. The bird itself is the Hylian Crest. The Hylian Crest represents the hylian race. What you are thinking about is the crest of the royal family of Hyrule, which represents the royal family of Hyrule, hence the name. Since the game is earlier in the timeline, and there is (presumably) no royal family yet, the crest is a little different and deffintly not the crest of the royal family of Hyrule.

Well, the Hylian Royal Family hasn't been established yet. That symbol on the old man is Zelda's bird symbol, so it makes sense that it will be combined with the Triforce at the end to make the Royal Crest.
I know, but I meant in the WW Hyrule Castle the normal crest, triforce and all, is found all over except for in that one portrait of Zelda, leading me to think maybe the Zelda in that portrait and SS Zelda have something in common ? Or am I over thinking everything ? xD And it's odd because the only place we've seen this bird symbol is in Skyward Sword

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I know, but I meant in the WW Hyrule Castle the normal crest, triforce and all, is found all over except for in that one portrait of Zelda, leading me to think maybe the Zelda in that portrait and SS Zelda have something in common ? Or am I over thinking everything ? xD And it's odd because the only place we've seen this bird symbol is in Skyward Sword

WW is long after SS. That's why it's the full crest.

bunny

birb overlord
Well... I'm fairly positive all of the Zeldas are related... Maybe the bird symbol was passed down through the generations and became the Hylian Crest... Or could it be that picture was meant to be SS's Zelda after she became a princess?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Yes but I'm saying in this one picture, it's not the full crest

I get your point. That might have been the Royal Crest after the Family had just established...but why then would it not bear the Triforce above? o_O Paradoxical as it may seem, the picture in WW's Hyrule Castle plausibly does bear early members of the Crown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom