• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Um . . . Odd Topic But, How Will the Toilet Work?

I don't recall ever seeing a toilet in any other Zelda game, so this is of course something very new to the series. However I can only wonder, how will it work? We've never really seen any examples of indoor plumbing before in Zelda, and since this game is obviously one of the oldest games ever timeline-wise (if not the oldest), technology certainly couldn't advance, but rather backtrack, if you look at it logically. Do you think it will be more outhouse reminiscent or what? This is obviously a weird and pointless topic, but it's just something I've found annoying to think about, since I don't see actual indoor plumbing happening.

LMAO Forgot about that xD The way they make it sound though it seems to be a bit more usable then a wodden box with a square hole . . .

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Well basically it will not. Probably because there will be a great big arm sticking out of it and someone living underneath it. That's if they decide to reference MM that is. I loved that, so funny.

If they don't do it that way I'm not quite sure. I doubt they are going for realism where link needs to take toilet breaks. I think there will be something amusing in there anyway.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
If they gave us that option, Link would probably move the curtain in the way. I'd laugh if they did this!

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Err... Since almost everything can be interacted with now, I guess a text box will pop up saying "You don't need to use this right now." OR SOMETHING. I don't know... sounds awkward. XD

It sounds very uncomfortable . . . maybe a side-quest will be getting someone out of the bathroom that's stuck in there or something ? xD

Well there were instances of plumbing as far back as 2700 B.C. in the mysterious Indus Valley Civilization located on the Indian Subcontinent. I know in the west we don't hear about it as much until the Romans but plumbing is one of man's oldest inventions. Of course Zelda is usually based on medieval times and plumbing in Europe and around many parts of the world it was little more then a hole in the ground like mentioned above.

ZeldaOcarina

Princess of Hyrule
I think that it's mostly just there for decoration. To make it look more 'real.' And they might have had toilets in all the games, just not featured (because how often does any form of media feature a toilet?). It would be weird if it was 'used.'

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Umm, yeah, adding on to what I said earlier -- I don't think that you'll be able to use the toilet. I mean, I can only thing of two games right now that give you an option of using the toilet, and they're heavily realistic games (compared to Zelda, I mean). So the bathroom is probably just there to add to the realism of the game that Nintendo has been trying to make better...

I was thinking the toilet will serve sort of a Harvest Moon:AWL purpose. It'll just be there to add to the realism, but serves no real purpose

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom