• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild U Needs Happy Mask Salesman

The mask salesman is a creepy guy and so unexplanied so if they expanded his story and we got to see him in HD it would ne cool

One of my favorite characters of all time, and I would love an HD Happy Mask Salesman. Not sure if he should be a main NPC or not, but a part of me would like to see an aged HMS (if the game happens to fall between MM and TP).

I imagine walking into a old rundown cottage, and as you enter you see nothing but masks everywhere. Hundreds and hundreds of them covering every inch of the walls and floors. In one corner, surrounded by masks on all sides, sits an old and grey HMS, looking down at a mask he holds in his hands and just so slowly rocking back and forth in his chair. You slowly approach him, but he doesn't seem to notice you, or anything else for that matter. All his attention is on that one specific mask. As you inch ever so closer and get ready to make your presence known....HE SUDDENLY LEAPS UP FROM THE CHAIR AND GRABS YOU ON THE SHOULDERS, SCREAMING HYSTERICALLY..."WHERE IS MY MASK"....and his face is old and hideous, with his teeth falling out and a long gray beard hanging from his chin.

But that's just a thought.

Or maybe it should be a sequel to tp...

One of my favorite characters of all time, and I would love an HD Happy Mask Salesman. Not sure if he should be a main NPC or not, but a part of me would like to see an aged HMS (if the game happens to fall between MM and TP).

I imagine walking into a old rundown cottage, and as you enter you see nothing but masks everywhere. Hundreds and hundreds of them covering every inch of the walls and floors. In one corner, surrounded by masks on all sides, sits an old and grey HMS, looking down at a mask he holds in his hands and just so slowly rocking back and forth in his chair. You slowly approach him, but he doesn't seem to notice you, or anything else for that matter. All his attention is on that one specific mask. As you inch ever so closer and get ready to make your presence known....HE SUDDENLY LEAPS UP FROM THE CHAIR AND GRABS YOU ON THE SHOULDERS, SCREAMING HYSTERICALLY..."WHERE IS MY MASK"....and his face is old and hideous, with his teeth falling out and a long gray beard hanging from his chin.

But that's just a thought.[/QUOTE

...where He is still young because of some power left in majoras mask and that mask he is holding is mm and becomes a link to the twilight because it was made by the same magic as the fused shadows andmirror of twilight by the same tribe that the dark interlopers came from. Also this theory makes sense because majora looks very similar to midna with the fused shadows on

Last edited:

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
I think that seeing the Happy Mask Salesman return in Zelda Wii U would be pretty cool. He's an interesting character and he's one I wouldn't mind seeing again and would be quite intrigued to learn a bit more about him and his story. There's so much lore that could be revealed with him, so many different possibilities surround him. Arguably the most intriguing character in the series imo.

But that's just a thought.

Damn, I could really see it in my mind :).

Last edited:

Mido

Version 1
This concept could definitely work. In my personal experience, I've always envisioned a "Return to Termina" kind of game, starring TP's Link.

The Mappy Hask Salesman has always been an intriguing character, and many an article has been written about the man. This salesman is a man shrouded in mystery, and perhaps, a game starring this guy would elaborate on his back story! Link could explore a fresh Termina, and follow a new quest, perhaps without time restrictions. This is just some speculation!

Fig

The Altruist
Hhmm. Zelda U featuring the Happy Mask Salesman would be a nice touch in the game. We really don't know much about the HMS even with Majora's Mask added into the history of the HMS himself. If the HMS does appear for Zelda U, he should get some decent role in the new game! That's only way how the HMS will get more backstory on himself if the game could illustrate more about the character in general.

Twilight King

The Actual Hero of Time
I would actually love to see the Happy Mask Salesman return for Zelda U. He's only been in like 4 games over the years, being a major character in only one, and I think it'd be awesome to just see him or buy a mask or two at some point in the game.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I think his status as an ancient demon should be confirmed. One of the demonic shapes resembles him in the opening of Skyward Sword. He has the ability to manipulate time, and others into doing work for him I might add.

Salem

SICK
They shouldn't overuse him though, that could make him boring or something. He should be given a cameo or a small role.

I think his status as an ancient demon should be confirmed. One of the demonic shapes resembles him in the opening of Skyward Sword. He has the ability to manipulate time, and others into doing work for him I might add.
What?

Mido

Version 1

With all the theory and speculation surrounding the Salesman, a game that would hint at his history would be awesome. Like I mentioned back in my August post about a "Return to Termina" kind of thing, the concept can be utilized in many ways. (Of course, it all depend on how Nintendo will elaborate off the Happy Mask Salesman.)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~

View attachment 34735

If you look at that you see the image on the left I have numbered the demons 1-6
Please note that this is an artistic impression of the characters so their images are highly distorted and usually don't match up to their in game counterparts
Demon no 1 is Ghirahim, he posesses the collar a single pointed ear and a half covered left(his left not ours) eye, this is due to his hair
Demon no 3 is the trading post man from majoras mask, the hair matches up perfectly and he also posesses a beard. Perhaps he settled down in Termina to make an honest living
Demon no 6 is the happy mask man, in the image he seems to have a round shaped thing below his neck, I make this out to be his gold collar, he also possesses two peaks from his hair style, the image is a distorted one of him so it's immaculate appearance as shown in MM has been lost. This demon also possesses a creepy wide smile, just like the kind the maskman has. Also note he has a white stripe down his front, like the middle of Maskmans jacket.
I don't have a clue who Demons 2,4 and 5 are. Anyway, this is what I'm on about when I say Happy mask man is an ancient demon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom