• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tyeforce's Zelda Timeline

Many months ago, I made a thread here about my soon-to-come Zelda timeline video, and I posted an image of my timeline in the mean time. Well...I'm at it again. I never did make my timeline video before, and part of the reason was because shortly after posting the thread, I began to change my timeline around quite a bit. I realized that my reasoning behind my previous timeline didn't match my reasoning behind being a Zelda timeline theorist (to discover the one true, official timeline that Nintendo has locked away in secrecy, not to just connect the games the way I like it), and that I needed to rethink things if I ever planned to meet my goal. And so, I have reconstructed my timeline, and I've begun working on the Keynote that will be used in the video explanation of it. Expect the video soon-ish, on my YouTube channel. In the mean time, I'll post a slide from the Keynote that shows my timeline...

zeldatimeline.png

With that said and the image posted, I encourage discussion of my timeline and potential ideas for my video while I prepare to make it, though I prefer to hear more of the latter. I'll explain my timeline thoroughly in the video, and I'll try to address as many counterarguments against my timeline as I can, though I will make a followup video responding to any text comments or video responses.

Just a few things. There is no way FS and FSA is before OoT. Also, what is your reasoning for were you put LA? LA can literaly go anywere on the timeline.
There is certainly a way that FS and FSA can come before OoT, and Aonuma even said himself that that's where they go. I have two words for you: multiple Ganondorfs. (I can just feel the argument brewing...)

What have I ignored? The things that they have no actualy proof of? They got it on an unoficial website that can clearly lie and make it seem plausable. (Talk about it on my topic, this topic is about your timeline.)
There's no point in bringing it to your topic, because people have tried to be reasonable with you but you have to be stubborn. Just because a quote is posted on a site that's not an official Nintendo website doesn't mean it's not real, or that it was never posted on an official website at one time. These quotes are all well known and their validity has been proven, so there's no point in questioning them and demanding proof. They're fact, plain and simple.

Yes, but just becausebut just because it is on a non-official website doesn't mean it is real. And it does not have to be Nintendo. It can be something like IGN.com .
But you don't understand... These quotes have been confirmed to be real. They came from the developers themselves. You appear to be new to the Zelda theorizing scheme, so if I were you I'd take advice from the veterans and believe what has been confirmed. We all wouldn't be believing these quotes if they hadn't been proven to be real, but they have been, which is why we all believe them. They're real, 100% confirmed, end of story.

I have been theorising in Zelda since 2006! T -T; Anyway, I will shut up now. I feel guilty for argueing about it here...
Don't feel guilty, it's fine. One of my goals as a Zelda theorist, aside from the main goal of discovering the true Zelda timeline, is to inform other people of the facts and what's confirmed. Hopefully you can learn from this, and then change your timeline accordingly so it doesn't conflict with confirmed facts. If you want to know, here's what's confirmed:

/--TWW/PH--ST
OoT
  \MM--TP

That's the core of the Zelda timeline that every Zelda theorist believes (or should believe, at least). There's also a bit more than has been confirmed...but a lot of people like to disregard it for whatever reason, and I'm sure I'd get flamed by someone if I said that it was confirmed. But here it is:

/--TWW/PH--ST
TMC--FS/FSA--OoT
          \MM--TP

Eiji Aonuma confirmed the placement of the Four Sword series to be before Ocarina of Time, but many theorist ignore this confirmation, for whatever reason. Whatever, it's their loss.

There are also other connections that are confirmed or nearly confirmed, which are...

TLoZ/TAoL

OoS/OoA (or possibly vice-versa, though there is more reason to believe that OoS comes first)

ALttP/LA (Some people will argue that LA doesn't have to be a direct sequel to ALttP, and that it may fit after the Oracle games better, but at the time of LA's release, it was made clear that it was intended to directly follow ALttP, and the fact that Link's artwork from LA looks identical to his ALttP artwork, not his OoS/OoA artwork, also implies that it is a direct sequel to ALttP.)

Along with those connected games, there's further evidence to believe that this placement is confirmed:

ALttP/LA--TLoZ/TAoL (It is technically possible for the Oracle games to fit between ALttP/LA and TLoZ/TAoL, but it's clear that ALttP was intended to predate TLoZ and TAoL, which creates this placement. Also, this placement has to go somewhere after OoT, because it has also been confirmed that OoT predates ALttP, TLoZ, and TAoL.)

So, all we have to do is put together the pieces, which isn't that hard. As of right now, no released game can take place after Spirit Tracks on the Adult Timeline (that is, without making up ridiculous theories and filling in plot holes with fan-fiction), so we don't have to worry about the Adult Timeline. And we know that ALttP/LA and TLoZ/TAoL come after OoT, so that leaves us with the Child Timeline for them. So, after piecing what we know together, we get this:

/--TWW/PH--ST
TMC--FS/FSA--OoT
          \MM--TP--ALttP/LA--TLoZ/TAoL

And look at that! The only thing we're missing is OoS and OoA, which make the most sense placed after TLoZ/TAoL if you look at details such as the state of the Triforce.

And as for Skyward Sword, we know it comes before OoT, but we don't know if it comes before or after the Four Sword series. It's possible that it could even take place in the middle of it, after TMC but before FS and FSA, though I find that very unlikely. So, that leaves us with this:

/--TWW/PH--ST
(SS)--TMC--FS/FSA--(SS)--OoT
                \MM--TP--ALttP/LA--TLoZ/TAoL--OoS/OoA

And that's the basics of my timeline. There is much more that can be explained, of course, such as the deal with Ganon(dorf) and such, and I'll save that stuff for my video.

Also, if you want to get caught up on all the timeline quotes, check this out.

Well, you basicly put you video summerised into text. FSA going before OoT technicaly does not affeft my trisplit. Also, is it confirmed that the Links from FS are the same Links from FSA? Because in FSA, the Jewel statues at the area the Four Sword is scealed (the name escapes me) is broken. Which means it has been some 20 years or there has been intense damage in recent years. So you putthe sceal war between TP and ALttP huh? The unifying war has to be between FSA/ZSS and OoT, but more recent towards OoT. Do you think the Spirit War takes place before, after, or during TWW? I used to no matter what put FS on the other side of FSA because I used to think Vaati was killed in FS, but it is still possible that FSA happens after MC, and FS is put on the other side so Vaati can one day come back to the series. Who knows. LoZ's placement I keep changing because it is a bit iffy. So with those facts, my split timeline is identicle to yours. But, I made a second timeline with an extra split because that is what were to happen if Hyrule actualy knew of Termina's existance and aided them. It also makes the timeline make more sence.

Well, you basicly put you video summerised into text. FSA going before OoT technicaly does not affeft my trisplit. Also, is it confirmed that the Links from FS are the same Links from FSA? Because in FSA, the Jewel statues at the area the Four Sword is scealed (the name escapes me) is broken. Which means it has been some 20 years or there has been intense damage in recent years. So you putthe sceal war between TP and ALttP huh? The unifying war has to be between FSA/ZSS and OoT, but more recent towards OoT. Do you think the Spirit War takes place before, after, or during TWW? I used to no matter what put FS on the other side of FSA because I used to think Vaati was killed in FS, but it is still possible that FSA happens after MC, and FS is put on the other side so Vaati can one day come back to the series. Who knows. LoZ's placement I keep changing because it is a bit iffy. So with those facts, my split timeline is identicle to yours. But, I made a second timeline with an extra split because that is what were to happen if Hyrule actualy knew of Termina's existance and aided them. It also makes the timeline make more sence.
Believe me, I didn't sum up my video into text. The video will be much, much more in depth. Anyway, it hasn't been 100% confirmed that FS and FSA feature the same Link, but it's heavily implies. The intro of FSA tells the events of FS as if they happened not too long ago, and Zelda and Link are already acquainted with each other and the Four Sword. All evidence points towards FS and FSA featuring the same Link. You can't put such trivial things like scenery before important plot elements.

About the Seal War, there's no reason why it can't take place sometime after TP. As for the Spirit War, why does it even matter when it took place? It doesn't affect anything else.

And Vaati was sealed in the Four Sword in FS, not destroyed. He then escaped that seal in FSA.

Your three-way split timeline is interesting, but there's no real reason to believe that it's true. If it was true, surely the developers would have said something about it, but they haven't. They have confirmed the two-way split timeline, however.

I just want to point out that I never said that the sceal war can not happen after TP. How many ganons do you beleive in? Which ganon is which in you opion? Mine is that OoT=TWW=TP, FSA=ALttP=OoX, an LoZ=AoL (he is technicaly not alive in AoL though. It is possible that the LoZ Ganon is the same as the one of the other two). Here is my theory and still works on your version of the timeline. In FSA, Ganon a gerudo was born and took on the Trident and the Dark Mirror which released Dark Link too attack Link to force him to pull to Four Sword so he releases Vaati. Vaati is killed and Ganon is scealed in the Four Sword. In ALttP (, GBA remake,) the Palace of the Four Sword contains the Four Sword, but before you get to it, Dark Link beat you to it and split into four. (The same Dark Link from FSA.) He pulled the master sword to release Ganon who then had the sceal war and ended up with the Triforce. (Why did he get it all? Was he an equal balance of Wisdom, Power, and Courage?) Link then defeats him and gains the triforce witch he wishes on to return the two worlds back to normal. In OoX, Twinrova revives the same Ganon, but makes a mistake and releases him mindlessly. He was eventualy killed for the second time. If the Ganon from LoZ is the same as the Ganon from FSA/ALttP/OoX, then it is a possibility that the Dark Link from AoL is the Dark Link from FSA and ALttP. (I am glad FSA talked about Dark Link's origins.) But this is my theory, and facts that I peiced together and may be way off. What is your multiganon theory?

But you don't understand... These quotes have been confirmed to be real. They came from the developers themselves. You appear to be new to the Zelda theorizing scheme, so if I were you I'd take advice from the veterans and believe what has been confirmed. We all wouldn't be believing these quotes if they hadn't been proven to be real, but they have been, which is why we all believe them. They're real, 100% confirmed, end of story.

Here's the thing. Developer quotes are important, but if they do not match up or make sense, then they aren't important. You can't successfully be one of those theorists who would, without question, believe Aonuma with everything he says. If tomorrow, he came out and said "Adventure of Link is a prequel to the original Legend of Zelda", would that make any sense? Or something a little more likely, what if he came out and said that the Link in ST is the same Link as in PH? That wouldn't make any sense either. Basically, I'm all about dev. quotes, but they have to at least match up.

I do not personally believe that it matches up nor makes sense for FSA to be prior to OoT. And since FS is a prequel to FSA, it cannot be there either. If Ganondorf, regardless of if it were a different Ganondorf, turned against his people in FSA, stole the Trident of Power from their pyramid, and attempted to take over the land of Hyrule, then how would you expect the King of Hyrule in OoT to gain any man named "Ganondorf"'s trust? And how would the Gerudo people trust a man such as Ganondorf later in OoT, or even much later in ALttP enough to fight a war with him just so he could obtain the Triforce, if he had a rep for turning his back on his people before? Because in OoT, it was clear that Ganondorf had the trust of the King. It was also clear that, in OoT, the only Gerudo to resent Ganondorf was Nabooru, who turned out to be a Sage so that's not very important.

Again, if he did it before, it would have been known later. It makes more sense and matches up better if FSA were before ALttP. There, you have a reason for Ganon obtaining a Trident weapon, you have a reason for the Four Sword being broken in the Palace of the Four Sword in ALttP, you have an obvious tie-in between the look and location of areas throughout Hyrule between FSA and ALttP, and you have Ganondorf in FSA, a man resented by his people (likely because he has a bad reputation from all he's done before), questing for more power at any cost. Why would he go as far as to steal a sacred item from a pyramid in his own land in FSA? Possibly because prior to those events, he had experienced immense power. He would have obtained the Triforce in OoT and kept it all the way through TP, only to have it seemingly taken from him. He would be power hungry, giving reason for him to steal the Trident later in FSA.

So you see, although a developer came out and told us where something supposidly goes it does not match up. A developer can say anything at any time, but the game itself cannot change. And the games themselves do not support, but only contradict, the likelihood of the FS series taking place before OoT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom