• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Realm, Light World, Dark World, and Skyward Sword.

I was just in the chat talking to Twilight Deku Scrub about the twilight realm and I just remembered or possibly imagined. In twilight princess, isn't it said that the twilight realm used to be the same as the light world and everyone lived together? I'm not sure, but it sounds familiar. Anyways if they used to be the same, why was it not mentioned in Skyward Sword or even hinted at? Also where does the dark world and silent realm fall into place. Are they just different names for the same thing, just at different points in time.. I'm confused. oh well it wont stop my mutiny, so no worries, mates!

S

selenarockz001

they probably are just making different names for the same things :) whatever makes it hard for everyone else haha

Wasn't the Dark World supposed to be the Sacred Realm?? I think the Silent Realm is also the Sacred Realm. And I think the Twilight Realm is something different.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I don't remember anything saying the TR used to be part of the Light World. The Twili used to be from the LW, maybe that's what you're thinking of. Actually, iirc, the TR was created by the Light Spirits?

The Dark World is the Sacred Realm/Golden Land, tainted by Ganon.

There's discussion on the Silent Realm in another thread.

i've always wondered if the dark word, silent realm, and twilight realm were related. but there never seems to be any proof of it :(

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Either Midna or Zelda said that light and dark are two sides of the same coin. I don't think they are the same thing.

The Dark World is the Sacred Realm where the triforce was held, but it was turned evil when Ganon obtained the Triforce

We don't know for sure what the Silent Realm is, but some theories state that it is the Sacred Realm which I believe.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
In my opinion, this post has spoilers, so I'm just gonna put spoiler tags.
Well, during Skyward Sword, the rooms that have the Triforce pieces look like the Sacred Realm. So it's believed that the Silent Realm is the Sacred Realm, but there's another thread on that. After Ganondorf got sealed away in Ocarina of Time, he eventually found the Triforce there (How did it get there anyway? It was on the Statue of the Goddess in the ending of Skyward Sword). Anyway, Ganondorf turned the Sacred Realm into the Dark World. I don't know how the Twilight Realm was formed, but I'm guessing it's also the Sacred Realm. The interlopers were after the Triforce, and so was Ganondorf. They were banished to the Twilight Realm (For the Child Timeline). After The Sages' failed execution of Ganondorf, he was also banished to the Twilight Realm.
So basically, the Twilight Realm, Silent Realm, and Sacred Realm are all the same place. The Light World is just Hyrule.

Last edited:

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I don't know how the Twilight Realm was formed, but I'm guessing it's also the Sacred Realm. The interlopers were after the Triforce, and so was Ganondorf. They were banished to the Twilight Realm (For the Child Timeline).
This doesn't make sense. The TR is the SR because the interlopers were chased and sealed there for seeking the Triforce?

TheRationalDove

Red Hair Wonder
I can't say much about the Dark World or the Silent Realm, but the Twilight Realm is similiar to Termina in that it is an alternate dimension. The Dark Interlopers were banished to this deminsion by the Light Spirits, making it probably as old as Hyrule in that it was probably already there when the DI were banished there.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
This doesn't make sense. The TR is the SR because the interlopers were chased and sealed there for seeking the Triforce?
No, I'm not sure about that part entirley, but they were banished for creating the Fused Shadows as an attempt to find the Triforce. In the Child Timeline, there's no Dark Realm, so I'm not sure what's next. There should be a game which explained certain things in Twilight Princess (Twilight Realm, Snowpeak Ruins, etc.)

No, I'm not sure about that part entirley, but they were banished for creating the Fused Shadows as an attempt to find the Triforce. In the Child Timeline, there's no Dark Realm, so I'm not sure what's next. There should be a game which explained certain things in Twilight Princess (Twilight Realm, Snowpeak Ruins, etc.)

I think Locke meant that it wouldn't make any sense to banish the Interlopers to the Twilight Realm if it is the Sacred Realm. Why would the Twili be banished to the Sacred Realm [the place where the Triforce lies]? Banishing the Twili to the Sacred Realm would not have stopped them from obtaining the Triforce; it would have helped them... a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom