• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Temple of Time

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
So what baffles me most about the few appearances of the Temple of Time is definitely the version within Twilight Princess. I have done a theory before trying to explain the movements of this specific structure and to this day it is still quite confusing --->http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/f31/temple-time-its-different-locations-38742.html

However I am not really asking about the location as such, but merely the actual grounds within the Sacred Grove area from Twilight Princess. Now the grounds itself are in ruins, it is referred to as 'ancient' by many of the characters within the game, we know the Temple was in good condition in Ocarina of Time, so maybe somewhere within this time frame something happened. Now I actually think referring back to the thread I linked earlier that these two grounds are actually the same. I think I raise a point in saying that the Temple of Time could have easily been breached, and the Lost Woods can act as a portal of sorts across space. The fact that the Sacred Grove is very similar to the Lost Woods could indicate that they somehow connected the ToT structure deep within the woods. Another explanation could be the change in geography, the Hyrule Castle grounds in TP and OoT are very different so maybe the Sacred Grove could have been the castle grounds in ruins?

However the point I am trying to make is the fact these are the same structures. Well for one in the ruins it holds the Master Sword and the pedestal, this was held within the Temple of Time in OoT so I doubt they would could move such an important item, we know this Master Sword has stayed within the same structure since Skyward Sword (the series prequel) So the actual Temple we encounter is preserved in time, in real time it's grounds are within ruins however by striking the pedestal, it removes a guard, revealing a door. This door has a very similar design ti the door of time seen in OoT and if we look at the inside structure, it shows a long haul that leads to the pedestal "where" the Master Sword once layed.

Sfh4vzR.jpg
eeyl4fQ.jpg
As you can see both areas hold very similar structures almost concrete similarities, I think there is no doubt that these two are one as the same.​

So that we have established that these two are the same, I want to get onto my next point... We go deeper into the temple and strike the pedestal like we did once before, however it opens up a magical in a way a hologram like staircase leading into one of the stain glass windows. This leads to the main dungeon that we go through in the game, now we stuck the pedestal in OoT and it transported us 7 years Into the future however this was something different. Obviously this isn't a part of the physical make up of the Temple it is something different. However what is it? I actually have my own personal theories and maybe I'll mention them later but I want utopia know what you guys think... What exactly is this extra part other temple?

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I don't know what it is, and I really don't care. I hate that it exists. WHY DOES IT EXIST? It looks NOTHING like the Temple of Time we know and love, and it baffles me that Nintendo would dare do such a thing. It also baffles me that we didn't visit the Temple of Light. That was something that was cut out from Ocarina of Time. Uh, Ninty... helloooooooooooo. Wasted opportunity, guys. Nfffffffffffrgh. <_<

HylianHero

Gardener of Elysium
I am so confused about what you are asking. You seem to be trying to make the point that they are the same, which they are, as confirmed by HH. But if you are asking why the pedestal leads to two different places when you strike it, I don't think there is an exact answer to that. Maybe the pedestal leads the hero to where he needs to go. OoT Link needed to access the Sacred Realm, TP Link needed to find a shard of the Mirror of Twilight, and they were each led to their respective needs.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I am so confused about what you are asking. You seem to be trying to make the point that they are the same, which they are, as confirmed by HH. But if you are asking why the pedestal leads to two different places when you strike it, I don't think there is an exact answer to that. Maybe the pedestal leads the hero to where he needs to go. OoT Link needed to access the Sacred Realm, TP Link needed to find a shard of the Mirror of Twilight, and they were each led to their respective needs.

Well I think you answered your own question, I am asking that because this is the same Temple structure almost identical, then what exactly is the depth of the dungeon? I will pose my theory about it a bit later so I can get more of a discussion but it's not as simple as just saying one does one action and one does the other, as that is just a brief explanation, it doesn't really explain much.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I agree with HylianHero. I think it just takes the hero where he needs to go. Also, I have my own theory that the Temple of Time is synonymous with the Temple of Light, except that the Temple of Light only exists in a sort of spiritual way as indicated in OoT, and this is extended to SS. During the seven years gap in OoT, Link is asleep, so he might not remember what happened when he first entered the Chamber of Sages/ Temple of Light. It could be a staircase appeared and he was carried up it by Rauru for example. If not, I would still argue that the TP staircase leads to the Temple of Light, but it is showing the connection literally, rather than metaphorically as in OoT.

Izagar

Working on a webcomic. :D
Even if the pedestals were in different locations, one could say they did expand the Temple of Time. That's why the statues are there in Twilight Princess and not in Ocarina of Time.

You see, when time passes, a lot of buildings are given new additions to them. They don't stay the same forever. Look at your local communities. Do you see some places add onto their buildings?

For me, I small a local Walmart be torn down and be rebuilt into a Supercenter; why can't that be the same for the Temple of Time?

HylianHero

Gardener of Elysium
One thing I thought for a long time about the placement of the Temple of Time dungeon was that they were trying to make a reference to OoT, when Navi leaves Link by flying into that same window.

Personally, I theorize that the dungeon segment of the Temple of Time is, in fact, the Temple of Light. There seems to be a good deal of evidence for this, particularly in the fact that this dungeon is made visible upon striking the pedestal with the Master Sword. That seems to be exactly what happened in Ocarina of Time, as well. In addition, within the dungeon, you can find wall carvings of people that appear to be the Sages, and in other places, the symbol on the Light Medallion from OoT. Not to mention that you enter the dungeon by going through a stained glass window, something associated with both light and the heavens. And the Temple of Light is within the Sacred Realm. In addition, the entire game Twilight Princess seems to be the makers going back and revisting things from Ocarina of Time. Originally, the Temple of Light was to be in Ocarina of Time. Since it was removed, wouldn't it make sense for the creators to add it to the game that almost mirrors certain things from the prequel?

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I agree both with HylianHero and Vivaereth. I'm still going to stand by what I said though; the ToT leads to the Temple of Light. Time and light are the same thing, scientifically. Look at the phrase 'light year'.

Time and light are the same thing, scientifically. Look at the phrase 'light year'.

I beg to differ. Time and light are entirely different concepts in science. Time exhibits linear, one-direction motion. Light is a form of energy, going fthrough wave motion in all directions out from the source. The term "light-year" is not even a measurement of time, it is a measurement of distance. Specifically, the distance that light travels in one year. Further proof that time and light are different concepts, insomuch as something cannot travel in itself, as light travels in time.

I do agree that the Temple of Time leads to the Temple of Light, if only because it is implied in Ocarina of Time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom